Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fatal Engine Problem?

fto dude

guys, i really feel like crying.. just when i thought i was getting somewhere with this car and making a dent in the problems im experiencing, im about to give up.

20141105_122450_zps9c32de1f.jpg

Ive just had this fault on the dash today... the MIL bluetooth tool wont clear it, because apparently it isnt an ecu code fault... on the cmax forums they think its fatal.. here is a video i took under the bonnet.. the last 'thing' to the left on the rocker cover.. is this an injector? or glow plug or something?

here is a link to a small video i took.. i cant embed it onto the thread for some reason...

http://vid223.photobucket.com/albums/dd5/darush100/20141105_132036_zpsfwgmlukh.mp4

bubbles coming out of it... could this be diesel?must be an injector....

No idea if this is the cause of the engine red light problem- i doubt it as ive posted previously about the state of my rocker cover and this could be the source of that.

The above red light came on when i turned the ignition on today.. i havent been anywhere in the car yet when it had happened.. although i did take it for a spin to diagnose any sort of mechanical fault.. but it pulled fine... so if it is something fatal.. it must me a fluid of some kind right... i mean.. engines may be controlled by electrical components, but so long as the water and oil are in there the engine should be fine?

Any help appreciated.. im going to go and sulk in a corner somewhere! anyone near luton, would be ROYALLY welcome at our place who could help!

dave

post-48449-0-27053400-1415195516_thumb.j

I don't think that it is fatal, so take a step back, make a cup of tea, chill. I am not certain what the issue is but most problems can be fixed. Someone here I am sure will be able to advise better than me, but just breathe and know that it will be fixable.

Sent from my Gen 1 WAP phone

If it's just an injector seal then definitely not terminal.

Probably at worst you need a new injector.

Get a professional diagnosis done before reaching for the razor blades :d

rofl^^^^^ ok woooossaaaaaaaaaah, thanks for the advice. i am still concerned about this 'terminal' problem that i could have.. ive checked my fluids and all ok... and im pretty sure its not connected to the injector/ seal problem.. but i do have a friend coming round tonight with his tool! (oo er!!) to hopefully check out codes and so forth... i still welcome ideas and thoughts.. and ofc i will update with any news and learning.

Thanks

Dave

Get the code read, establish what it is, then let us know and we will advise on dealing with it. It could be something simple. Stoney is probably right with the injector seal.

Unless the car is on fire or the engine exploded it can be fixed! Wooooosah. Hopefully your friend's 'tool' is mighty enough to do the trick...

looking at the vid is the banjo bolt lose on fuel rail

paul

sorry guys youll have to help me out here.. banjo bolt? lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club