Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Flaming Stone Chip!

laumk7

Is this likely to effect the trade in price of my old car?

I just washed my car (again) as it had gotten filthy (again) and I spot a tiny little stone chip on the bonnet just above the light so kinda noticeable imo

Is it worth having it repaired if it's going to knock big bucks of my trade in price? or shall I just trade in the car when it's dirty? *evil plan* lol

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

A "tiny little stone chip" is just wear and tear.

I wouldn't worry about it, unless it has dented the bonnet or taken a massive chunk of paint out.

It's left the tiniest dent also, you can feel it if you run your finger over it.

I've just tried taking a photo of it to show you what I mean,but the camera on my phone can't pick it up lol

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I can't that it will even be noticed when trading/selling.

All used cars have stone chips, bush marks, etc - to some degree anyway.

My old fiesta mk7 had collision marks & a noticeable dent on the rear drivers side wheel arch (someone caught it when coming off a roundabout) & when I traded it in, the dealer didn't even notice it. I still got top trade in price though.

Trading-in? Say nothing.

Selling private? Mention it to potential buyers.

That's what I would do ;)

Trading-in? Say nothing.

Selling private? Mention it to potential buyers.

That's what I would do ;)

I'd still say nothing if selling private, just don't claim the car is in "excellent condition" and say it's bought as seen (put that on the invoice) and then it's up to them to see any wear and tear.

I'm due a service just before I trade it in, are they likely to notice it? It's the cars second service

If it is noticed and noted down (different dealership to that I'm buying from btw) how much is it likely to drop my trade in price by? I've had a quote of £157 to get it repaired

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

If they notice it, they won't note it down. It won't affect the trade in price, my previous fiesta had a new front bumper & fog lamp put on soon after I bought it (hit a bird & broke 1 of the fog lamp mounting clips off the bumper & the lamp) by the ford body shop. I still got top trade in value.

• Like 1

If trading in, take the car dirty lol. When I swapped my focus for the ceed, he asked what I had, looked it up in the guide, and just said 'il give you 5k for it.... I bought the car for a fiver less than that about a year and a bit before lol. It was scratched and had trenches in the bodywork from the mudflaps...

Keep it quiet lol

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club