Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pretty Good Looking For A Family Car ;)

London's Finest

Cant help but notice how nice the new Mondeo looks, does anyone know when its coming out in the UK? Or any details? Specs etc.

I think ford's new design for the Mondeo is fantastic, (in the opinion of an 18 year old). Honestly speaking it in terms of looks I would say it beats any new model Audi, BMW or Mercedes.

What do you guys think?

post-54512-0-10907900-1420304869_thumb.j

post-54512-0-69247800-1420304875_thumb.j

The new Mondy does look smart, I'm rather taken with the estate myself.

I wonder if this car will compete with the premium marks instead of Vauxhalls and Toyotas. Started noticing how ford have finally started using soft closing doors on their newer models. Hopefully the interior will be good

I drove Fusion 2014 in the US last summer. It was pretty good, I liked it a lot.

The only gripe was that stupid Microsoft audio system that decided to upgrade itself right in the middle of LA - and to die in the process, resulting in me driving to some hellhole.

Oh and the glass of the inside mirror fell off in Death Valley, presumably from heat. :)

Oh wow, the glass fell off? :L what engine was in the fusion that you were driving? I hope it wasn't one of those stupid American hybrid systems...Still don't understand why they insist on using V8 power plants with hybrid technology. At least in the Prius it makes sense as you hardly drop below 50mpg in the 1.8 but in those cars you get between 22mpg in town and 26mpg on motorways in real life, hardly any difference between the normal mpg ( between 18-23 mpg normal V8 and transmission).

Are ford going to use the same engines they used in the current Mondeo? Or are they going to be new?

I think it was 2.5L with auto box. The 'box was OK in town but hopeless on CA-1. I had to switch it to manual mode and use paddles to change gears.

As to mpg - I don't remember the actual figure but it was way below 30 (bear in mind the US gallon is smaller!).

Of course, 3.5litres to a gallon US ;). What was wrong with the gear box on the highway? Was it not kicking down?

It was confused by my driving style - I prefer to keep it in gear when I am cornering but the box was configured to switch to highest gear possible at every opportunity.

Which was a pain on a road that is (mostly) consisting of hairpins. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Its already out in the UK, certainly for preorder. If I had the money, I would have been camping outside the dealership until the day they accepted pre-orders for the first time!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club