Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Under Engine Cover - Focus Mk2.5

greggp

Hi guys

Anyone know how easy this panel is to remove?

Can it be done without jacking car up as It looks like its only held on with screws? I just need to check for any oil leaks as checked my level today and it was quite low, only had service 2months ago and it had 4.3ltrs according to paperwok. I just topped it up so will keep an eye on it, but from 1st view looking over the back of the engine towards the panel, there is some sort of residue on the panel, so my first thought was oil!! Just wanted to take panel off to have a quick look but don't have any ramps,to put car on and only got the crappy wheel jack

From memory it was fairly easy to take off when I had a mk2.5, pretty sure it's just a few torx screws holding it in place. If you have trolley jack and axle stands youll be fine.

Be aware thought its a messy job!

it can, but it might be a bit difficult reaching the two screws at the end. ive done it sometimes when i was working at the top and dropped a spanner or socket :|

they are t30 torx screws

If you've only got the standard Ford jack you could still jack up either front corner and drop the undertray down on that side - if you take out the screws on that side and perhaps the front centre one too it should drop down enough for you to have a better look under there.

it's a while since I've had to do that with mine - if you have to go under the car to get to the screws ensure you've got the car on axle stands, even if you maybe need to borrow a trolley jack to lift it up that far.

Deffo do able as I removed and replaced mine without jacking up. The 2 screws at the rear are the tricky ones - had to lie on my back and stretch my arm whilst holding the very end of my ratchet and then unscrew a tiny bit at a time.

Careful not to over-tighten the rear screws when you refit the undertray, the plastic inserts for these strip really easily.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club