Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lack Of Response From Accelerater

jrn1919

hi ,just got a 08 focus from sandicliffe , the throttle is like a second behind what i want it to do, feels like im a learner driver when pulling of it stutters, and the revs don't drop as quick as it should when changing gear , also on the motorway i put my foot down ,and its like engines saying O hes put his foot down, lets have a cup of tea ,then we will do what he wants ,so annoying any ideas ? thanks

It could be almost anything. I assume you press the pedal and the revs do not increase for a moment or two?

You would ideally want it on some diagnostics preferably Ford IDS to see if there any specific error codes to help track the problem down, it would also help if you have your vehicle details in your profile as to what engine it is for people to help you. I know it says 1.8 and I presume it's a diesel but that is guesswork.

mine is a 1.8 tdci and i have the same issue.

I want to move off quickly i dont press the GAS pedal (when i lift the clutch above biting point) as the revs rise automatically and enough for me to move off and then once i get moving i press the pedal if that makes sense!

sometimes if i have pressed the GAS pedal i find the car feels like its going to stall.

Hi simcor

sorry ,i own a 1.8 petrol zetec 2008 ,

And yes when i goto accelerate the engine does not respond you press the pedal and the revs do not increase for a moment or two

the delay when moving off,sometimes feels like im going to stall

also on a motorway i can put my foot down and the delay from the engine makes the car suddenly jerk into action,

Also notice that the revs donot fall as quickly as they should during gear changes

thanks for any advice

It could be almost anything. I assume you press the pedal and the revs do not increase for a moment or two?

You would ideally want it on some diagnostics preferably Ford IDS to see if there any specific error codes to help track the problem down, it would also help if you have your vehicle details in your profile as to what engine it is for people to help you. I know it says 1.8 and I presume it's a diesel but that is guesswork.

I assume the petrol is probably a cable linkage to a throttle body, so first check would be cable for slack and operation of the throttle body working properly I would guess then. Don't know that much about petrol focus though.

• 2 weeks later...

no it is fly by wire , been back to sandicliffe ,and they said a hose was off, been fine a few days, now back to the same problem

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club