Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ambient Lighting Problem

ACQPL

Hello all,

I did try the search function, but i couldn't find anything relating to my specific model.

I have a Focus 2011 Zetec, which apparently has ambient lighting in the upper center console. (User manual states "Type 1 ambient lighting". The light strips are two curved strips that run around either side around the sunglasses holder. Apparently these are meant to switch on in a low red whilst the headlights are on, and the light sensor detects it is dark.

I have looked through the manual, and tried to find the ambient light setting in the console screen, which seems to not be there !?

Sorry for the novice question, but how would I check If a fuse is blown ? Up until now I've never had a car with fancy interior lights and all...

Apparently it should light up something like this.. I have all the parts except the lights switched on... http://marvinlee.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/ambient3.jpg

Any thoughts ?

Thanks for your time in advance !

Alex

I am sure they should light up if you have your headlights turned fully on. I know mine did in my last car but that was a 2011 titanium X model which you could change the colour of the lights in question.

64SS - Thank-you for your reply.

I've just gone out to the car and given it another go, but to no avail :/ Considering the option to switch it on is not in the menu system, is there any other way of finding out if it actually works ? I'll call the dealer tomorrow either way.

There is also a dimming switch in the centre its like a round knob (like a volume control) it can also be used to turn the lights off but i would asume you have tryed this allready. I am unaware of any options to turn the ambient lights off within the cars menu system could be a fuse i guess but i have never been inside the fuse box myself so cant help there sorry.

• 3 weeks later...

I have those curved strips where the ambient lighting would normally be, but no ambient lighting is fitted or any controls for the ambient. Perhaps some models just have the faschia fitted with the curved strips as it's cheaper?

Zetec doesn't have ambient lighting on the Mk3.

Only Titanium and higher...

Zetec doesn't have ambient lighting on the Mk3.

Only Titanium and higher...

Not specifically true... Some early Zetecs like mine and the OP's did have the titanium overhead console with sunglasses holder and ambient lighting infrastructure in place.

I wondered if ambient lighting could be activated, and after playing around with the relevant setting in the IDS software, mine was activated and instantly illuminated.

I believe Ford then later changed the Zetec so it only had the ultrasound alarm sensors in the headlining rather than the full titanium goodies!

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

I've got the ambient light cables in the foot well, but they are switched off.

I can't get Focccus working on my car, but have it booked in with my local dealer to see if we can turn it on with their software...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club