Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Interior Light Fitting

clemo41

Hi, hopefully an easy question for my first post :)

Just bought a 2005 focus mk2 zectec, its my first ford and so far very happy. The only problem i currently have with it is the interior lighting, i have 2 small children and need better light at night. I only have a single light in the front, and it doesn't really give off much light. So reading around and looking at the different model specs i see that the ghia and titanum came with front light with map lights and a rear interior light. So my plan is to install a new front light, with map lights and a rear light. Ive got hold of one off eBay and should be with me tomorrow. Going to install LED lights in this. It does come with a surround and hoping to use the spare surround and the old single front light in the back.

I have looked at roof liners on eBay and see the light looks to be inline with the rear grab handles

Has any one done this mod and is it a case of just cutting the head liner? Im fine with wiring just don't want to get in trouble or have to buy a new head liner?

Thanks in advnace

Can't imagine it would be too hard, just cut small and edge it bigger, can't put it back once its gone!

I know on the front there is a metal bracket above the liner, the plastic surround then clips on to that then screws to the roof. The rear I can't be sure about its smaller so maybe just push fits in

Thanks Dee_82,

Ok so I might need to pop to the scrap yard for a metal bracket. :-)

Is any one kinf enough to take a photo of there rear light, behind the light, and measurements from the back of the roof lining or front.

Can any one give me the measurent from the rear light to the back on the roof liner, hoping to get the light installed this weekend! Thanks

not just now but if someone hasn't already done it ill do it later

from the edge of the roof liner at the back to the closest point of the rear light is 22inchs as the crow flys

from the middle of the front light to the middle of the rear one its 38inchs

that's direct point to point, not following the contours of the liner.

• Like 1

If you drop the headliner there is a premarked indent on the rear that you can cut out.

Would probably be a better idea to drop the headliner so you can run the wires securely so they are not banging on the roof. its only about 10 screws and 2 push fir tree clips.

• Like 1

Thanks both, going to give it a go on Saturday! :-)

On my focus ghia the rear courtesy light didnt have a metal bracket. Instead the plastic surround itself has 4 plastic tabs that click into place on the other side of the liner to secure it

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club