Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dust Cap

GrahamJC

I bought some blue chrome dust caps for my car and one of them will not come off for whatever reason. Does anyone have any useful suggestions? thanks

Wd40 and pliers ....sorted lol

knife and feel wind in your face . ha ha.

• Like 1

Are they the twist on type or the ones with a small screw you need to keep them on?

Thanks James,I have tried WD40 and pliers but no joy! They are the twist on type Luke. I have googled this problem and

apparently it is fairly common with alloy caps. I guess I am going to have to take the car to a garage and get it sorted.

Lesson learned for me - stick with plastic caps. Thanks anyway.

• Like 1

pair of plumbers pliers or waterpump pliers should do the job without damaging them.

• Like 1

Thanks James,I have tried WD40 and pliers but no joy! They are the twist on type Luke. I have googled this problem and

apparently it is fairly common with alloy caps. I guess I am going to have to take the car to a garage and get it sorted.

Lesson learned for me - stick with plastic caps. Thanks anyway.

Really btw don't be scared to wrench it as it can't be really tight a had same issue wae last car n it didn't help the ones I put on i painted but I got it off with wd40 and pliars tool a wee while tho it was covered in the stuff bud

I bought some blue chrome dust caps for my car and one of them will not come off for whatever reason. Does anyone have any useful suggestions? thanks

Just man up and take them off yourself ;)

In all seriousness wd40 (lots of) and a hard sudden twist should loosen it (use a tea towel or something instead of just your hands)

Failing that pliers..

If nothing else works just scream and shout as the pesky buggers and they'll soon get the message :P

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

I did a stupid trick a few years ago.

Got some red alloy dust caps from £ shop and had the same problem.

They were so hard it was turning the valve so garage job and new valves in all 4.

How did you get on Graham?

I am hoping to get it done tomorrow thanks James. I have used WD40 and I have a friend who said he will sort it out for me

(fingers crossed). I am just not brave enough to use the pressure that will be needed to turn it.

Thanks to everyone else who offered advice.

• Like 1

I am hoping to get it done tomorrow thanks James. I have used WD40 and I have a friend who said he will sort it out for me

(fingers crossed). I am just not brave enough to use the pressure that will be needed to turn it.

Thanks to everyone else who offered advice.

Aye let iz know how ye get on

too bad you didn't stay close a woulda done it for ye but thinking aboot ye bud ano it can be annoying for little things like that but don't let it annoy ye too much :)

Thanks and will do. As I said in a previous post - plastic caps only from now on!

• Like 2

Safe bet lol but least the wee neds (chavs) can't Nick it! :p

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club