Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 7.5 Hatchback Boot Lid Wiring&reverse Signal

tero521

Hi,
i'am middle of installing my backup camera, so i need the
reverse gear signal (+12 volt).for the camera, and i try to avoid having to cable
all the way to the rear lamp.
So is there wiring diagram somewhere
for the bootlid, or does anyone know is there in a boot lid, a wire that
has +12 volt when reverse gear is selected?

A dont know bout a diagram but obv the reverse light will have 12v going through when reverse is selected and the reverse light is the white wire

To get wire to boot get a strong gauge wire put the wire that your wiring through at end of the strong flexible wire put it down the boot till comes out down the bottom then take plastics off boot and put through the place you need it

Yes i know that i can get the signal from the reverse light it self, but it would be great if there is reverse signal in boot lid, so i don't have to do wiring all the way to the light. Maybe there is one for the oem backup camera, but maybe that comes from the audio headunit and is something else than 12 volt.

A got a feeling bud that they did the oem one in the factory so the boot lid was easier to get to without head liner in etc but would be easy to take from reverse light up under trimming through grommet under the lining with a strong cable to push the wire you want down to area you want just take plastics off the boot bud and it all opens up

Have to think a while what to do. Anyways i have to dismandle the boot plastics, so then i can measure and check the cable looms, and if i'am lucky there might just be a connector for the oem camera, hopefull they have only one type of cable loom for the boot lid. That is for sure, that they don't run separed wires for the camera in the factory, so either there is two or more loom choices, or there is only one that has all the wires for all the options. If all else fails, i can just do the wiring all the way to reverse light, that is moderatly easy also.

If a remember urs easy to get plastics off only 3 bolts (2 at top each side and one at handle) let us know how you get on mate

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club