Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car/van Leasing Etc

Ianb

Hey guys, rather than getting sweet talked into signing something I shouldn't, I'd rather try and get the low down on leasing to buy or w/e is out there...

I know there are 'things' where you can pay monthly and then is it eventually you get a new car (or in my case it would be a van) or you keep it...

Excuse my ignorance on the matter, as I said at the start I don't want to get sweet talked...

Sent via carrier pigeon using Ford OC

Ford options is like you said above- you pay a deposit or don't if your happy with monthly payment, you then pay an agreed amount per month for 2 or 3 years and then you hit a ballon payment which you either pay off, get a new vehicle, give the vehicle back and walk away. The benefit of options is you get a lower payment each month.

Ford Aquire - this is where again you pay a deposit or not - you then pay a set amount for 36 48 60 months and the vehicle is yours.

Ford cash plan works similar to the way the Ford options work however you pay the duration of the monthly payments up front so no out going! Then you are in the same position two or three years down the line with the ballon payment.

Lease/Rental - this is where you pay a deposit, set amount per month for a period of time and then give the car back to the leasing company who usually auction it off.

Hi there, thanks for the reply, do you know what sort of protection you get with the options? From what I gather, leasing a car/van, means that if it conks you can phone them up and they'll sort it all out for you, I'm just wondering if you get the same for the other ways?

Really tempted to sort myself out with a transit, although the monthly payments is a bit scary at the moment...

I personally would only look at options on brand new vehicles, in which case your covered under warranty and the log book is in your name :)

Hi there, thanks for the reply, do you know what sort of protection you get with the options? From what I gather, leasing a car/van, means that if it conks you can phone them up and they'll sort it all out for you, I'm just wondering if you get the same for the other ways?

Really tempted to sort myself out with a transit, although the monthly payments is a bit scary at the moment...

I think most cover maintenance, or they give you x amount of free services/repairs per year, anything after that you pay for.

Obviously it's something you'll want to query when considering.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club