Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 Fiesta Changes

tomroscoe

I've has three of these little 1 liter Ecoboost Fiestas now. The 2013 one had a very iffy start/stop which hardly ever worked, the 2013 was much better, in fact it was the only new car I've ever had that didn't have a single warranty fault. But this latest 2015 version is so much better and know why? Because the starter motor is so much quieter. It makes stop/start technology much nicer to live with. But it goes back to the dealer next week to have the Sync sorted out - Mavis gets into a right muddle sometimes and won't let me phone out or listen to the radio or USB.

the 2015 model has a body coloured tail gate strip. worth it

A body coloured tailgate strip on the 2015 Fiesta models?

I've owned a 2010 Zetec and 2013 Titanium and now a 2015 Titanium X and all three Fiesta's look exactly the same at the rear.

I.e. A chrome strip above the number plate.

The Fiesta ST has a body coloured tailgate strip.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I've got a 2013 Titanium, and my Start/Stop works flawlessly. Personally to me it's the best car I have ever driven. I haven't owned many vehicles as I tend to stick with what I got (unless I have major issues). I owned my previous Clio from new (2005 - Jan 2015), I treated it well, and it treated me well. However i'll never forget getting into the Fiesta for the "test drive" I only managed to slip into 2nd gear before I had a massive grin on my face!! Such a smooth drive if you ask me.

The only vehicles I have driven legally would be:

VW Polo CL (my own)

Audi, Quattro (my mum's)

Renault Clio, 1.2 (my own)

Renault Clio, 172 (my mum's)

Honda Civic, Type R (my mum's)

Ford, Fiesta Titanium (my own)

• Like 1

Ive got a 2014 Titanium, the stop/start works perfectly. Although, i rarely use it. In general, ive had no problems with car at all. Its brilliant.

As for the body coloured tailgate strip, ive seen a few 2015 models with this, instead of chrome. And its not just on the ST, lower spec models now have it.

Hi Bob

Just had a look at the AutoTrader link and can clearly see that the Fiesta has a body coloured strip on the boot lid.

If it was introduced on 2015 models then I'm puzzled as to why my Fiesta does not have the body coloured strip - do you know when that was introduced?

My Fiesta was built on 31st January 2015 and was registered on 5th March so there must have been a build date when they started fitting a body coloured strip on the boot door?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Hi Bheart,

I havent got a clue.

What is strange, when i bought my car last May, the dealer was walking around the car with me and mentioned it was good that mine didnt have it. I wasnt sure what he was on about, im still confused now

Hi Bob

Yes it is weird and to be honest, I do like the chrome belt line trim on the side doors but I would have definitely have preferred the body coloured strip on my boot door and I'm sure I've seen that mentioned in the current model brochure?

I'm now wondering what other changes the 2015 Fiesta models had and that maybe I don't have so, think I need to find out a bit more about this; especially from my dealer?

Does any member know and have a list of changes to the 2015 Fiesta, especially to exterior and interior trim?

Similar thing with the Mk2.5 Focus', mine has a chrome tailgate strip but most seem to be body coloured. I can't work it out, doesn't seem to be related to engine, year, trim level or even keyless entry. Was wondering if the chrome was an optional extra as I see it so rarely but can't seem to find a definitive answer!

I think the cloth seats had a slightly different pattern too. Mine is a zetec ecoboost. Delivered mid March - I think it was built to order mid February

The chrome strips on the boot and below the windows used to be on models like the titanium and zetec, but not lower ones like style/studio or sporty ones like the zetec-s. These had either black or body coloured bits. Maybe now the boot is only chrome on the titanium (x)? The link above with the body coloured one is a zetec, so that could be the difference. Generally speaking you get more chrome the higher up the model list you go, with the exception of sporty models which stick to body coloured.

Had chrome on my 2014 Zetec and have body colour on my 2015 ST3.

If I could have chosen black/body colour for the Zetec I would have. The chrome looks good clean but rubbish dirty.

Changing the boot strip from chrome to body colour has to be a cost-saver, but I'm all for it to have the starter motor so much quieter. There are other changes in the boot of the 2015 model too - the indentations to the walls of the boot have now been made into little pockets, and the RH one holds my 12v tyre pump perfectly. The velcro strips have changed too. Another change is to the Ford stereo unit - the big button to toggle L or R in the menu has been replaced by flush buttons.

The alloys are different too - and that's the easiest way to tell a 2015 model. They're easier to clean that the previous ones but slightly more 'soft' looking. There are changes under the bonnet - and although the tiny Ecoboost engine is very pretty, the horrible crimped aluminium heat shield Ford fitted made me embarrassed to lift the lid to show others. That crimped tin shield is still there, but it's been made to look smarter.

Sometime last year they changed the trim slightly. The Titanium and Titanium X only have chrome boot trim, all other models have painted. As for the window trim, from what i remember the Zetec / Titanium and X have chrome and the others are black / rubber.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club