Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Serious Question For Logical And Clever People

MattDRX

Right, something that has been bugging me for a few weeks now.

anyone seen in the news over the past couple of week about the 2 Children that died in Corfu from CO poisoning? there are a lot of lies and refusals going on from their old CEO and current staff in the court case.

Fact is.........I used to work for them and actually have the files, internal docs and when they say this is the only case, I assure you all it isn't, deaths anyway yes but I've had them post 2006 where people have been found unconscious.

Plus they still do not properly check the properties they sell and the staff are unqualified.

Question is, I really want the right thing to come from this, for them to be made to own up for their mistakes, shortcomings and negligence.

But would I be doing anything illegal by forwarding this to QC representing the family?

I would hate it if they walked from this unscathed, I will effectively be ending my relationship with the travel industry by doing so but I am leaving it for pastures new, seems like a parting gift to give it all bit of a shake up.

Depends on the contract you worked under, I would imagine it restricts you from doing this sort of thing...

Being 100% honest, I never actually signed one, I started as a temp years back and they just took me on permanently with no paperwork signed, never issued with a company safety policy, induction, employee handbook given out, nothing.

If this is as serious as it sounds, it is probably something that should be discussed with a solicitor, rather than taking the advice from a forum.

• Like 2

If this is as serious as it sounds, it is probably something that should be discussed with a solicitor, rather than taking the advice from a forum.

This.

Surely the QC I'd forward this onto would advise me otherwise if he can even use it though? or would it be better to "leak" information to the likes of Daily mail via a random email created via TOR etc?

whistle - blowing is always a dangerous thing for your career. The question is, would you be happy sacrificing the career you know for another?

I would never say do it if you have nothing to fall back on, however, whistle blowing is the only way lives can be saved and to be honest, unless they can trace the paperwork back to your possession, they cant pin it on you.

If you are not the only one with access to this, pop it in an envelope and stick it in the post. If you really want to protect your identity, drive a good few miles and post from somewhere else in the country. Unless they can tie it to you what can they do?

I personally couldnt sleep if I knew what my company was doing was costing lives, and they knew it and did FA about it. A solicitor is a good suggestion, but then do you really want to pay for legal help when your not going to be reimbursed. also your leaving more of a paper trail for it to find its way back to you.

• Like 1

the big questions is what if this happens to your family and friends. What will you do.the great difference from human to animals is we humans have and the ability to think what is right and wrong but in some occasions animals somehow can manifest this kind of behaviour as well. The ball is in your court.don't let it happen to you ☺

Mailing it or posting it online anonymously may seem 'enticing' at first, but carefully consider whether there is any chance of it being traced, and coming back to bite you later.

@Jeebs: Some solicitors operate on a free initial consultation basis, so it may not necessarily cost? Regarding the paper trail created from this, I think all communication would be 'protected' under the client-attorney privilege. Perhaps 'TheDarkKnight' might know more on this.

True indeed Steve, though posting can be equally anonymous.

I know what I'd do, if I was leaving the industry or not.

2 innocent children died, if I knew of evidence that could prove someone was negligent in their deaths I'd hand it over.

If you're worried about it or any possible repercussions, get some legal advice first.

If you are concerned with the fallout from doing what sounds like the right thing then I'd keep the information to yourself.

Of course if the solicitors for the victims in the case were to receive some information anonomously I expect their physical handling of it would soon taint any possible evidence that might be used to try and work out where/who it came from ;)

If you're going to do it ensure the files/data you "leak" don't contain anything unique which can be used to identify you. Just mark them out you only trying to ensure people see the actual content after all. Then you will want to use TOR and then use a TOR email and then leak it. If you follow these steps you will be anonymous of course you would want to delete this thread too if you go through wit this. Typically you wouldn't even need to be concerned about them "tracing" you as they would need a warrant and if they tried to warrant the TOR network they'd have a bad time with all the nodes it routes through.

Good luck buddy.

You say you used to work for that company and that you are leaving the industry they are connected too. You've got nothing to lose but anyone staying in one of those places has the chance to lose something really special ie a life!

It's a no-brainer as far as I'm concerned. The advice given in the post above by Jeremyc seems to be spot on. But maybe start by deleting this thread ;)

Good luck in what you choose to do.

• Like 1

I'm sure we could remove all traced of this thread for you, but then who would think a car forum would be talking about this lol

I agree a life is important and things can be done to protect your identity. Unless you are one of say two or three people who have access to the information it's difficult, but then if you are one of hundreds of people who could access it, it's even better.

Well this picked up, sorry had bit of a busy weekend.

I managed to speak to the QC and I've sent it all over along with a statement signed from myself. I won't be accountable for anything but it's more a reference side of things, mainly as this isn't the only case they have had before and after and measures are still not in place to safeguard clients still. will be in the press soon lol

Career or not, I feel happy that I am doing the right thing. one CEO is about to get burnt.

• Like 2

Good result. If you want this thread removing for further protection let me know.

No need to really dude, thanks though, my name will be mud among the Thomas Crook group but I honestly do not care about that, let it be a lesson learned to them to not chuck such huge deposits at hotel chains ( in the millions ) and then not give a toss about what state their hotels end up in, google Sentido Perissia sickness, they kept 100's of people in the hotel and continually sent them there week on week as they were so heavily invested in it, the hotel had poo floating in the pool filters and no "competent" person actually did a proper check on the place ever. I have about 57 serious cases of their neglect towards 1000's of clients.

anyway, for the record, if you ever going to book a Summer Holiday FOC members let me know the hotel name and I'll give you a true honest opinion on the place, I've visited hundred of them across the Med, red sea etc.

• Like 1

There was a brief article in the daily mail the other day about the case.

It's a family from West Yorkshire it is a very sad case. News reports today state that the evidence from Thomas Cook is now complete. The ceo won't even apologise for what occurred. Like all big companies the bottom line is all that matters to them and of course the Tories won't do anything as they probably contribute to party funds.

I'm really pleased you have the guts to stand up to them it's the right thing to do what ever anyone says.

Respect!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

Well done Matt glad you did the right thing .

I may end up being a material witness in this if they decide to press charges against the business or Manny in this case being the CEO at the time, he's actually running another firm at present called Magic Rooms, so avoid them also.

really want them to say again in court nothing similar has happened again and then I pull out a Huuuuuuuge Folder lol

well they may not like you and the tourism industry might be scared of hiring you, but overall its a good thing you did.

The only thing is, you will forever more be known as a whistle blower, so you may struggle to find companies brave enough to take you on. any other employer may be concerned if they are !Removed! up, or if they do that you may be a liability and turn them into the authorities!

So latest update the coroner has directed the jury to return a verdict of unlawful killing

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club