Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone Done A Debadge? Share Inside!

Jeremyc

Hey guys,

Just did a minor debadging of the 1.6 on my car. I think it improves the look in my opinion. Have you done it if so share below!

2015-05-09_1201.png2015-05-09_1203.png

If your going to do it then do it properly! :)

Focus%20de-badged_zpsldrlj40e.png

• Like 1

Hahaha! That's a nice photoshop

I wish mate, its a Windows Paint job lol! Free programme built into most computers, comes in quite handy for things like that. Its just sneeky copying and pasting!

• Like 1

How difficult was it to do without damaging the paintwork?

Would love to stick a S on my MK3.5 but would like to be able to remove it without damaging its paintwork.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Would love to stick a S on my MK3.5 but would like to be able to remove it without damaging its paintwork.

Just warm it up with a hair dryer and it will come off easily. Then use a bit of wax to remove any remaining tack from the adhesive pad. I have debadged most of my previous cars with no problems at all.

Very easy, I did mine without hot air gun. I just sprayed it generously with wd40 and used fishing line to pull it off. Then rubbed it off with methylated spirits and elbow grease. No damage at all to paintwork

Definitely do not use a hot air gun lol! A hair dryer is the hottest you want to put near paintwork unless youre very brave! I have used very hot water in the past too with good results.

I've hot gunned badges, plate pads and stickers to remove from paintwork many times, keep it moving, not too close and its been fine...

I haven't debadged the Focus yet though, kinda like the titanium and TDCI bagdes, just a shame they've weathered badly so may end up removing them anyway lol.

Well if anyone blisters their paint with a heat gun its down to you Tom lol! :P

Haha, I'm sure people can make their own decisions... If anyone's stupid enough to stand there for 5 minutes with the gun on full heat against the paintwork that's not my problem. :P

My daughter bought me an S to go on mine. I don't want some idiot taking it off so I'm watching out for people with a heat gun /-)

I'm more concerned about some lowlife taking it off so I need to find a (very) strong adhesive.

My daughter bought me an S to go on mine. I don't want some idiot taking it off so I'm watching out for people with a heat gun /-)

I'm more concerned about some lowlife taking it off so I need to find a (very) strong adhesive.

I would just fit it as is. You may have been joking but if someone wants to pinch it they will do alot of damage if you use a strong adhesive.

Tbh if someone wants it they'll probably just rip it off with a screwdriver regardless... I can't imagine people actually steal badges though...surely there are much nicer parts of your car (alloys? Stereo? ) they could be nicking... :lol:

No, I was being a bit tongue in cheek. I doubt they would bother being delicate so I'd rather they could almost peel it off :-)

No, I was being a bit tongue in cheek. I doubt they would bother being delicate so I'd rather they could almost peel it off :-)

Just leave it on the floor behind the car ready for them lol!:lol:

Still waiting for people to post pictures instead of discussing hot air guns vs hair dryers :lol:

Still waiting for people to post pictures instead of discussing hot air guns vs hair dryers :lol:

Ooops, my bad lol!:lol:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club