Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta on scrappage deal

gaz6076

The mk4 is starting to get abit rattly and I dont think it will last to much longer :(

So stopped of at the local ford dealers to see about this scrappage scheme. They have a base model fiesta (studio/style?) in blazing blue that they would let me have for a little under £8k. Going to throw in pureguard and £20 of petrol to boot...

Good deal?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• paulworthing

• gaz6076

• Sarc

• PointyB

The mk4 is starting to get abit rattly and I dont think it will last to much longer :(

So stopped of at the local ford dealers to see about this scrappage scheme. They have a base model fiesta (studio/style?) in blazing blue that they would let me have for a little under £8k. Going to throw in pureguard and £20 of petrol to boot...

Good deal?

dont sound bad to me,although being a base model its going to be a little light on extras,but still a good price (well I think so)

See if you can get the same deal on the Style model. It has manual air conditioning and the heated windscreen too. I wouldn't really recommend the Studio unless you really aren't fussed about any extras.

|Great about the scrappage deal.. but I wouldnt buy a bottom of the range, when you can get so much of a zetec model for a good price and the extras... !

I'm not to fussed about extras. I'm a little light on cash just now so i shouldn't really be thinking about a new car :rolleyes:

Air-con and heated windscreen sound good though and I'll be saving 400 on insurance anyway...

I'm not to fussed about extras. I'm a little light on cash just now so i shouldn't really be thinking about a new car :rolleyes:

Air-con and heated windscreen sound good though and I'll be saving 400 on insurance anyway...

Zetec is still good value for money. However obviously if that's out of your price range, then I am sure you can negotiate the Style model for the same price that they are offering you the Studio. Style model does the two extra features which I feel are important. Not having a car with a heated windscreen or air conditioning would be pointless in my opinion. especially the lack of air-con.

Go for it, nice brand new car regardless of spec, safety and reliability (although that isnt always the case lol) should help you make your decision.

I wouldnt be fussed about heated windscreen or air con, lets face it how often do we actually use both of them the air con ive used 4 times at the most this summer!!! if it comes down to cost and I had a budget then I would have brought a lower spec model.

Agree with you Michelle, anythings better than my current mk4 with it's keep fit steering and windows! :lol:

Be going down the finance road putting the 2k I get for the fiesta as a deposit so if I can get somthing like £200 a month for a bit higher spec then I might go for it

I got my Zetec for a little over £8000 with scrappage but this was before the recent price increase.

Came to about £8600 with the extra £345 for metallic paint.

The base model has only 60PS power (59 BHP).

For good resale value you need air-con, and a decent stereo, and 5-doors will attract a family buyer, as only youngsters want the 3-dr ones. Solid paint is OK, and so are steel wheels.

Get the 1.25 82PS engine, so you won't feel like spending on power-boosts later, as they cost a solid fortune.

Get private GAP insurance, at ~£80 for 3 years cover;-- the Ford scheme is expensive, I hear.

Ford ICE radios are good nowadays, but can improve, just by fitting the accessory Pioneer Speakers, when you can afford it. I am happy with my Ford 6000 unit as standard in my '58 reg Fiesta Zetec Climate 1.25. (I have been told by "Chipping" firms that spending £300 on a remap, to get 6 BHP extra on top of the 74 I have, is a waste, and I wouldn't notice it, and I was virtually told to "P***off")

Choose the power you need NOW!! The 1.4 engine was only £300 more than my 1.25, but was out of production when I bought, but now, the 1.4 has 96PS, so it looks very attractive.

HOWEVER, the "trump" card you hold is that the sales-man will be falling over himself to shift metal, that is already built and available to him to sell, and even "scrappage-sceme " cars still make money, by being broken up as spares. (An Autoexpress article recently showed a Ford KA making £1400 as parts)

"scrappage-sceme " cars still make money, by being broken up as spares. (An Autoexpress article recently showed a Ford KA making £1400 as parts)

Thats a very good point - I'm thinking of getting rid of my MK4 for a Zetec S, and since they don't specify what condition the scrappage car needs to be in (appart from a valid MOT), I was thinking of raiding it for bits I could flog on eBay (...bits it doesnt need to run or be legal) anyone got any ideas on what would be worth keeping?

The Studio price sounds like a good deal to me. I was originally going to buy one, then decided to go a slight bit higher, (after raiding my piggy bank), to go for a Style ... then realized I could get a Style+ for a couple of hundred pounds extra, (special promotion at the dealers). Eventually, after spending many, many weeks trying to make a decision, (and annoyingly missing the Ford price increase deadline in July), I decided on a Fiesta Zetec 1.4 (This was purely as it was a promo which meant the dealer had reduced the price by £1500.00) I also traded in my eleven year old Megane under the Scrappage Scheme, which took another £2000.00 off the price.

So, to cut a long story short, I have ordered the 3-door Fiesta Zetec 1.4 (basic colour/no extra options) for £9600.00 (after all the discounts have been taken off). Still more than I originally intended, buy I was lucky enough to be given a bit of a cash gift from my parents which helped in a big way, as well as timing it just right for the dealer's special offer. (Though I couldn't have done any of this without the scrappage scheme).

At the end of the day it's obviously down to what you can personally afford - [a Ford - get it!!!!] :blink: . (You could always try blatently asking for a discount or some added extras. The discount I mentioned wasn't listed on the dealers website, so I went to see them personally and asked if any special promotions were available, either at present or in the near-future, and low-and-behold, he had a word with the manager and said he could knock one and a half grand off the price, as the special offer was just about to start - perfect timing!)

Sometimes it's worth being a bit cheeky! (I even managed to get the standard six months road tax increased to 12 months - though I failed to get more than a quarter of a tank of petrol thrown in ... I think I milked them to their limit!

Paul.

I think I milked them to their limit!

:o There's a lot of things I'm willing to do to get a good deal, but milking the dealer is not one of them!

:o There's a lot of things I'm willing to do to get a good deal, but milking the dealer is not one of them!

LOL ... Yeah, come to think of it - he wasn't really my type!!! :o

That makes you a male prostitute :(

Bit personal! ... I haven't placed any cards in any phone boxes for years now! :P

Bit personal! ... I haven't placed any cards in any phone boxes for years now! :P

Teh interwebz iz wher teh moneyz iz ryt now!

ANd of course, always remember to find 2 separate dealers and play one off against the other - managed to get the price right down on mine but getting one to price it up and then going to the other and seeing if they would better it, and then back to the first again . . . . its great fun as you don't have to do any negotiating and let the dealers battle for your business!

Thanks for all the replys! Even though we went abit off topic there :lol:

The £8 price tag included the 3 year gap insurance, 12 months tax, pureguard and £20 petrol and was built before the £600 price increase. If I can get the 1.4 for only £300 extra I think it will be worth while.

I didn't realize there was so many options when buying a new car! The one they are trying to sell me is one they've got in stock 'but it's not on site'. I think another trip to the dealers tomorow is required to see what's what

One thing to remember for the future - if you are not going to literally run it into the ground - when it comes time to sell the base model is not going to be easy to sell as it will be 'under-equiped' for what people will want. If there is anyway you can go to the Style/Style+ then do it.

Having said that - can accept that if your budget only goes as far as the Studio model then you'll still love it. Everyone has a budget to work too so we are all in the same boat.

If money was no object I would have a personal plate, keyless entry, Mountune, rear parking sensors, extra airbags . . . .

I think it was the style. What's the differnce between the studio/style?

Of course, if you did decide to go for the Studio, (or even a Style or Style+), you could always 'do it up' a bit whenever funds allow: A set of basic Halfords alloys for instance, ( http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...1&langId=-1 ), would do it the world of good.

When I was first considering a Studio or Style, (as well as adding some alloys), I even thought about neatly adding some self-adhesive chrome vinyl striping along the lower edge of the windows, across the boot handle section and possibly even around the edges of the front grill - to give it a mock-Zetec look. (I run my own signs and vinyl graphics business so could always experiment for free with 'off-cuts' to see what it all looked like - and if it looked naff I could always remove them!)

But overall, and at 'first glance' when you see a Mk7 Fiesta on the roads, they all look remarkably similar ... it's just when you view them close-up that you can pick up on any differences, (and even then, apart from the obvious alloys etc, it's probably just Ford owners who would be able to spot any major differences between the models - other car owners won't be aware of the various Fiesta models ... just my opinion anyway).

Apart from the 1.25 and 1.4 engine sizes, I think, (though someone may be able to add extra info), that the main differences between a Studio, Style and Style+, are as follows:

Studio:

Door mirrors = black

Door handles = black

14" steel wheels (with 7-spoke plastic wheel covers)

No AUX connection for playing external music devices

No air conditioning

No heated windscreen

Driver's seat only adjusts forwards & backwards

Electric windows

No chrome bits or front fog lights

Style:

Door mirrors = body colour

Door handles = body colour

15" steel wheels (with 6-spoke plastic wheel covers)

AUX connection for playing external music devices

No air conditioning

No heated windscreen

Driver's seat adjusts height-wise as well as forwards & backwards

Electric windows

Style+:

Same spec as Style, but with additional:

Heated windscreen

Manual air conditioning

and, just in case it's needed, the main extra things on a Zetec, (in addition to those on the Studio+), are as follows:

15" 8-spoke alloys

Front chrome fog lights

Chrome lower front grill, tailgate handle & belt-line finisher

Trip computer

Chrome-surround halogen projector headlights

leather steering wheel

Ambient interior lighting

etc...

If you could pick up a Fiesta brochure from your dealer, (or maybe download one), it shows you all the main differences between the various models, including photos/spec sheets etc.

Paul

Thanks Paul.

I think it must of been the style as I'm sure the salesman mentioned body coloured somthing.

He also mentioned remote central locking, don't think you get that with the studio. But this could of been an optional extra

Thanks Paul.

I think it must of been the style as I'm sure the salesman mentioned body coloured somthing.

He also mentioned remote central locking, don't think you get that with the studio. But this could of been an optional extra

Not sure if the remote central locking is on the Studio, (it is standard on all other models though), but if he mentioned the body-coloured door handles and mirrors then it does sound like either a Style or Style+.

Just one thing I feel I should mention, whichever model you choose: Ford just tend to supply a 'tyre repair kit' instead of an actual spare wheel, (it's just a compressed tin of something-or-other which is used to temporarily repair a blown tyre ... useless if you've got sidewall damage though). So, if you'd prefer a 'real' spare wheel under your boot's carpet, then you'll probably have to actually ask the dealer. It's described as a 'no cost option', so obviously shouldn't cost any extra.

I've found a brochure online, by the way, (courtesy of Busseys.co.uk). Just click on the following link: http://www.busseys.co.uk/uploaded_files/br...sta/fiesta.html

Hope this helps.

Paul.