Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My New Car

little oz2

Hello everyone,

I'm new to these forums and have been looking at them for a while.

Only just joined now due to getting my first ford, got a Ford Fiesta Zetec S 57 plate as my 21st birthday present, what does everyone think?

post-66063-0-90243400-1433153030_thumb.j

• Like 1

Nice. I would have got one of those if think ford had any when I was looking for a fiesta!

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

It drives brilliantly haha, few little problems that need fixing on it though.

The title handle on the drivers side is broken,

the boot doesn't open with the button and has to be opened with the key,

and the clock resets when the engine is switched off,

has anyone had any of these problems and know how to fix them?

Thank you in advance

Wow nice pressie. I think I got taken out for a meal.

Check the fuses for the clock this could be the same issue for the boot. Go through one by one checking none are blown.

I had a look at the fuses but the picture on the back of the glove box doesn't have a picture for the boot, there is one fuse missing but the picture looks like a speedo, even though the speedo and back lighting works fine.

Sorry I probably sound like a right newbie haha

^ If you look in your manual it should tell you what each fuse is for, and if there are any fuse slots that aren't used (possibly that empty slot you mentioned). If there's a boot release fuse it might be an idea to replace it and see if that helps, but just make sure you replace it with a new fuse with the same amp rating.

haha yeah it was on eBay, luckily it wasn't too far away from where I live so I could go and get it

little stunner, she as tidy as she looked?

Few little problems with it which I am trying to sort out

and slight corrosion on the ford badges but other than that she looks and drives wonderful.

Was thinking in the future about maybe tinting the rear windows, putting black alloys on it and spraying the plastic grilles black as well.

Few little problems with it which I am trying to sort out

and slight corrosion on the ford badges but other than that she looks and drives wonderful.

Was thinking in the future about maybe tinting the rear windows, putting black alloys on it and spraying the plastic grilles black as well.

If it's less than 10years old and under 100k Ford will replace the badges free of charge

yeah I spoke to a local ford dealer and they said they will need to inspect the badges first and then they will order some if they think they will need replacing.

yeah I spoke to a local ford dealer and they said they will need to inspect the badges first and then they will order some if they think they will need replacing.

When I spoke to my local dealer they said my car was 6 months too old.

They also said if the badges show ANY forms of wear or damage then they'll replace them as its Ford's branding they're trying to keep up!

If you want them replacing just tell them so, as once it turns 10 you're too late. Same with the mileage :)

yeah gonna take it in sometime soon :), is it just the ford badges they replace? as my TDCI badge has also got a bit or corrosion on it?

have you had any experience in fixing a tilt handle on the chair?

yeah gonna take it in sometime soon :), is it just the ford badges they replace? as my TDCI badge has also got a bit or corrosion on it?

have you had any experience in fixing a tilt handle on the chair?

Just the Ford badges as far as I know. try fordpartsuk.com for your other badge :)

I haven't had to fix the seat handle as my car is a 5 door. A friend of mine attached tow straps to the cable before selling his fiesta :)

okay then I shall have a look on there :)

As when I got the car the drivers side seat handle has snapped off, so hopefully I just need to replace the handle and the cable is still there and fine I hope haha

Just realised your names Kieran.. that makes two of us.;) aha

yay haha ;), always meet kieran's with different spellings but quite rare to meet one with the same spelling :)

wouldn't even bother with seat handle mate! girlfriends had her car since march and we've gone through two on each seat, using a cable tie now as we were paying 28 pound a handle

• Like 1

really?, just wanted to get it done so it looks nice haha, also annoying as people have to climb out of the passengers door.

she has 3 at her house (moms, hers, dads) and all 3 have had replacements and they've broke so its a common problem with all 3 door fiesta box shapes

are they easy to replace?

yeah but they just as easily break again aha! usually you get one problem after the other (the cable coming loose at the bottom and slipping out or the handle just snapping) I know a lot of people with this shape fiesta and 9/10 have had to replace a number of times!

at £28 a handle they aren't cheap to replace each month either!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club