Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta Time!

TomGB

My fiesta has been written off and I should be getting 1900 back from insurance. Not sure what to get now. Previously had a 1.25 Studio 3dr.

Not sure whether to throw some extra money into the pile and buy a newer minted fiesta with all the bells and whistles. I dont know anyone who wouldn't like a mint car but i'd be super worried about dents dings and scratches etc.

However I love doing stuff to cars more than driving them and getting a cheaper less loved car, with bodywork issues and maybe some other small things would allow me to play around with it and restore it I'd also be less paranoid about people or myself damaging it.

I'm not too clued up with cars mechanically so I'm not too confident looking at cars and deciding whether its a "good buy" or not, don't wanna drive away with a ticking time bomb :)

Any ideas/advice?

I'm in the West Sussex Area.

My fiesta has been written off and I should be getting 1900 back from insurance. Not sure what to get now. Previously had a 1.25 Studio 3dr.

Not sure whether to throw some extra money into the pile and buy a newer minted fiesta with all the bells and whistles. I dont know anyone who wouldn't like a mint car but i'd be super worried about dents dings and scratches etc.

However I love doing stuff to cars more than driving them and getting a cheaper less loved car, with bodywork issues and maybe some other small things would allow me to play around with it and restore it I'd also be less paranoid about people or myself damaging it.

I'm not too clued up with cars mechanically so I'm not too confident looking at cars and deciding whether its a "good buy" or not, don't wanna drive away with a ticking time bomb :)

Any ideas/advice?

I'm in the West Sussex Area.

I would personally get a nice car. . . You'll be naturally extra careful driving it and parking and all that. My old car was a wreck, terrible looking thing, it got to the stage where I'd gone passed caring. But since getting a newer one I'm super careful about how I drive now.

Even simple things like for example if I'm on a duel carriage way on the right hand lane and there's a car in the left hand lane with a joining slip road, I make sure I'm nowhere near the side of the car, especially in it's blind spot incase they instinctively pull over into my lane to let the oncoming traffic in without looking. (You should do that anyway really), and slowing down gradually before lights a long way off to help prevent being rear ended, so the car behind has no option to but to slow down with you. Stuff like that really. I also do this to help save fuel as the lights usually turn to green by the time I get to them and then you don't half to stop/start.

Yeah do it mate, you won't regret it.

• Like 1

I would personally get a nice car. . . You'll be naturally extra careful driving it and parking and all that. My old car was a wreck, terrible looking thing, it got to the stage where I'd gone passed caring. But since getting a newer one I'm super careful about how I drive now.

Even simple things like for example if I'm on a duel carriage way on the right hand lane and there's a car in the left hand lane with a joining slip road, I make sure I'm nowhere near the side of the car, especially in it's blind spot incase they instinctively pull over into my lane to let the oncoming traffic in without looking. (You should do that anyway really)

Yeah do it mate, you won't regret it.

Yea i'd love really nice car but i don't know why but i just like something about the ghetto car past caring point. I guess its just one less thing on your mind.

Just gotta try find something kinda quick. Anywhere good to look other than autotrader?

I can promise you, if you buy a flawless bodywork, you'll do your upmost to keep it that way. Not sure where to get one from, but don't rush into anything too quickly. I'm sure there are people here more suited to reply with buying used/approved cars than myself so I'll let them answer that.

Good luck though pal.

I can promise you, if you buy a flawless bodywork, you'll do your upmost to keep it that way. Not sure where to get one from, but don't rush into anything too quickly. I'm sure there are people here more suited to reply with buying used/approved cars than myself so I'll let them answer that.

Good luck though pal.

Yea I'm not going to rush but I suppose if a car is good, its good. The only reason for haste is I drive about 40 miles everyday to work and back and I hate the train.

Fiesta ST all the way!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

MPX309 :thumbs: You have it exactly. Drive defensively and expect everyone-else on the road to be a complete moron, you won't go far wrong.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club