Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta St Mp215

Farrelly

Hey all,

Looking for peoples views on the moutune mp215 kit, is it worth upgrading ?

Most definitely yes (although I haven't got one I highly rate it), plus the MP kits retain Ford warranty.

Read more in the Mountune section about owners' experiences here: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/forum/124-mountune-discussions/

I'd say yes go for it. I haven't heard anyone say they regretted getting it, and I think I've been more negative about it than anyone else just because of the price. But I'm happy with it, it's a subtle difference to performance and noise, and now I'm waiting for their cat-back exhaust to complete the package :)

Can a ford dealer mess it up do you think?. I'm not sure whether to travel further afield to a dealer who has been highly rated on the forums and who does it all the time, or go to my family run ford dealer 5 mins walk down the road who I suspect has never done it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

^ It depends where you are. I went to my local dealer and there was no problem, they have done quite a few Mountune upgrades so know what they're doing. I would just ask the dealer how many they have done and ask them if they have had any trouble with the remap, because my dealer mentioned they had problems with that before.

Also someone advised me to do 2 or 3 engine starts before driving away, something like run the engine for 10 secs, turn it off for 10 secs and start it again, just to make sure there are no issues.

Thanks guys booked it in for tomorrow at my nearest dealer, theyve fited plenty in the past months due to increasing popularity, so heres hoping it goes to plan!

• Like 1

I'm sure you'll enjoy it, and hopefully you won't have to wait 2 months for the badge like I did. It's all covered by the warranty so there's nothing to worry about.

Managed to get it for 700 including fitting charge as my cars getting serviced at the same time.

Managed to get it for 700 including fitting charge as my cars getting serviced at the same time.

Do you mean they're charging £100 for fitting plus whatever the service costs? That doesn't sound like a good deal, I paid about £70 for fitting and that's not the cheapest. But dealer labour costs can vary a lot so it's probably not worth worrying about.

That was the charge and fitting cost as my servicing is free for 2 years.

Let us know what you think of it after it's fitted :)

It makes the intake and turbo noises louder too, and if you drive around with the windows open you'll hear a nice "Tssss" when you take your foot off the power haha.

Had to leave my car in the garage they couldnt get the activation code to link between mountune and ford so will have to wait until they resolve the issue :(

Had to leave my car in the garage they couldnt get the activation code to link between mountune and ford so will have to wait until they resolve the issue :(

Lol that's a bit poor. I think the remapping system is a bit over complicated, and it's not like it's going to stop anyone cloning a Mountune map onto another car.

Shouldn't have had to leave it there over the weekend, my dealer was having trouble with etis and couldn't load the map, they had fitted the induction kit, so I took it and went back once they had sorted there system (about 10 days later). Won't cause an issue not having the map installed.

They installed the kit without any problem, but time id finished work servicing was closed and hadnt relayed any information onto myself about being able to drive the car away, so had to wait till they were back in to be told i coukd have been able to drive it. They said there was an issue with the software update and there awaiting ford to get back to them.

when i do mountune in work there is normally a time slot before 8 and after 4 when FDRS will work flawlessly and between those times it has its struggles because the ford network is over powered by other dealers so its luck of the draw weather it will work or not so i would be patient with your dealer because you may think its easy but its far from it

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club