Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Automatic Climate Control (EATC) and Air Con

FezzaT

Guys,

quick question, on MK7's with EATC, if you set the temperature to say, 16°C, the air con comes on automatically as well.

If you are then to swithc off the air con, the EATC continues to stay on, but is it still cooling to the original 16°C? ie does it NEED the air con to function correctly?

...does that make any sense?!

Guys,

quick question, on MK7's with EATC, if you set the temperature to say, 16°C, the air con comes on automatically as well.

If you are then to swithc off the air con, the EATC continues to stay on, but is it still cooling to the original 16°C? ie does it NEED the air con to function correctly?

...does that make any sense?!

You are correct. It blows out cooler air at 16 degrees but it would need the full A/c on to get the better effect. I'm quite happy with it blowing out cool air at 16.

I hardly use the Automatic feature, I use either the air con alone or no air con on at all. I would guess using air con all time via the auto feature would knock your fuel consumption.

If a car is below 50mph it is cheaper to open window, so if driving at higher than 50mph and want to be cool then air con is better on fuel than opening a window due to the drag of opening window.

I know that because I saw it on Mythbusters, lol.

I love to turn it on when I get into a boiling hot car. Just for a little while until the temp inside goes down. The windows open just isnt enough. I only have 2 anyhow!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club