Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Are The Best H7 Headlights?

Cookey09

Cookey what you doing about main beam? My dilemma is the cost.... 20 quid a bulb

What bulb is it mate? H1 or h15?

Because with mine being a zetec and having halogen DRLS as opposed to LED DRLS, they're h15, and cost me £25 from eBay, they're pretty decent, white enough light, with good quality function and beam strength. I'll post a link to the ones I purchased.

With the h15 having two functions, DRLS and main beam, these from eBay work brilliant as both. Obviously they become brighter, whiter when main beam is on bud.👍🏻

So night breakers are the one to get.

Are they easy to fit just slot in and what type would i need.

So night breakers are the one to get.

Are they easy to just slot in and what type would i need.

It looks like you need H1 bulbs. They can be a bit fiddly so it might be easier to take out the headlight units. Also it's not obvious which way the bulbs go in, so I would pay attention to how the old bulb comes out then slot the new bulb in the same way.

can some1 show the brightness of the nightbreakers please i know they are long distance bulbs but not seen what they look like facing the car . i know it sounds weird am justbdead fussy . 1 of they persons that when a car drives past you with whiteish bulbs i go niceee

^ The Nightbreakers aren't very white, whiter than standard but still a bit yellow. Cryrstalvisions are as close to white as you're going to get with halogen bulbs while still having a good light output. If you want bulbs that looks really white like you see on Audis, Mercs etc you'll need HIDs at least 5000k, or 6000k if you want a bit of a blue tint to them.

^ The Nightbreakers aren't very white, whiter than standard but still a bit yellow. Cryrstalvisions are as close to white as you're going to get with halogen bulbs while still having a good light output. If you want bulbs that looks really white like you see on Audis, Mercs etc you'll need HIDs at least 5000k, or 6000k if you want a bit of a blue tint to them.

Are these all MOT legal.

I just read so many topics on here about bulbs and would like a whiter/blue light but still legal.

^ The Nightbreakers are but the Crystalvisions aren't, but I would be surprised if the Crystalvisions don't pass an MOT. I've had my headlights adjusted at 2 different garages while I've had the Crystalvisions in and neither said anything about the light from them being too white or anything.

• Like 1

The h1 are only good if you have a newer zetec. Like cookey I need the h15 bulbs.

Cheers cookey. Do they work ok etc? As there a non branded bulb I'm curious!

• Like 1

The h1 are only good if you have a newer zetec. Like cookey I need the h15 bulbs.

Cheers cookey. Do they work ok etc? As there a non branded bulb I'm curious!

No worries mate, they work fine, I've not had any problems with them, I was in the same situation as you, but decided to just go for it and buy them. I'd recommend them because they haven't let me down, they do the job well enough on unlit roads etc...

That's what they look like at night, without the main beam on... Obviously they won't look as bright during the day, but you get the jist?

post-62772-0-16595100-1445784421_thumb.j

post-62772-0-31497100-1445784436_thumb.j

^ The Nightbreakers are but the Crystalvisions aren't, but I would be surprised if the Crystalvisions don't pass an MOT. I've had my headlights adjusted at 2 different garages while I've had the Crystalvisions in and neither said anything about the light from them being too white or anything.

I've probably asked you this before mate, but you get so lost with all the posts from topic to topic haha.

When you took your car to have your lights adjusted what do they do? How is it done? And is it worth doing buddy?

Have you got a link to the crystal visions?

Thanks

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Crystal-Vision-Upgrade-Headlight/dp/B00K0DKQ4M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1445787297&sr=8-1&keywords=h7+crystal+vision

There you go mate. Cheapest I've found them at.

So the nightbreakers are the H1 for my titanium 2011 as seen some on amazon.

I would consider the crystelvision but what i read on here and other places they are more for

the blue/white not for the better light over the nightbreakers,also my luck they will pick up on them on m.o.t

and £25 down the drain.

So the nightbreakers are the H1 for my titanium 2011 as seen some on Amazon.

I would consider the crystelvision but what i read on here and other places they are more for

the blue/white not for the better light over the nightbreakers,also my luck they will pick up on them on m.o.t

and £25 down the drain.

If you have h1's and are wanting better beam output over colour than sure the night breakers. But I would still recommend the crystal visions, to me, they are white enough and strong enough... But everyone's to their own. The best thing to do mate. Is get what you think Is best for yourself.

And I know Willy is a fan of the night breakers, so he'll have a better view on them... But I don't think he has the h1? But I think Phil might?

I've probably asked you this before mate, but you get so lost with all the posts from topic to topic haha.

When you took your car to have your lights adjusted what do they do? How is it done? And is it worth doing buddy?

They adjust them using the white screw thing that you can see from the top of the headlight unit (near where the electrical connector is). You could do it yourself but if you take it to a garage they can make sure that the angle is exactly right, like they would do for an MOT. It's definitely worth doing because you will be able to see much better at night if the dipped beam doesn't seem very good, and they didn't charge me anything to do it at a Ford dealer.

If you have h1's and are wanting better beam output over colour than sure the night breakers. But I would still recommend the crystal visions, to me, they are white enough and strong enough... But everyone's to their own. The best thing to do mate. Is get what you think Is best for yourself.

And I know Willy is a fan of the night breakers, so he'll have a better view on them... But I don't think he has the h1? But I think Phil might?

Yes I have the Nightbreakers for my main beam and they are fantastic, probably 2x brighter than the rubbish standard bulbs lol.

They adjust them using the white screw thing that you can see from the top of the headlight unit (near where the electrical connector is). You could do it yourself but if you take it to a garage they can make sure that the angle is exactly right, like they would do for an MOT. It's definitely worth doing because you will be able to see much better at night if the dipped beam doesn't seem very good, and they didn't charge me anything to do it at a Ford dealer.

Yes I have the Nightbreakers for my main beam and they are fantastic, probably 2x brighter than the rubbish standard bulbs lol.

Ah right, might have a look/go ;-) I dont think my dipped beam is rubbish or poor, but would like to see if they could be improved ;-) cheers matey.

No worries mate, they work fine, I've not had any problems with them, I was in the same situation as you, but decided to just go for it and buy them. I'd recommend them because they haven't let me down, they do the job well enough on unlit roads etc...

That's what they look like at night, without the main beam on... Obviously they won't look as bright during the day, but you get the jist?

You think they are a better DRL?

You think they are a better DRL?

Better DRL and better main beam mate.

Just a quick one, so as you know, I've installed my Philips Crystal visions and already commented on them, but as the nightd are getting darker, earlier, i'm using them more frequently and they are fantastic! Definately do recommend them for the h7 dipped beam!

• Like 1

I love my nightbreaker but I have noticed they aren't too noticeable when on in twilight but come nighttime they are there. Wield but hey ho

Just a quick one, so as you know, I've installed my Philips Crystal visions and already commented on them, but as the nightd are getting darker, earlier, i'm using them more frequently and they are fantastic! Definately do recommend them for the h7 dipped beam!

Yeah they give a nice white light on the road, but I've noticed that when the road is very black and wet, they don't give the best visibility whereas a more yellow light would light the way better. Maybe this is why they aren't road legal, whereas bulbs which have a slightly lower colour temp such as Whitevisions and Osram Cool Blues are legal.

Also has anyone else noticed that the heating elements in the windscreen make it harder to see at night? I'm finding when there are lots of headlights coming towards me, there is so much light illuminating the elements that it makes it a bit harder to see where I'm going. The other night I had to use my air con to help, just to make sure there is no condensation at all on the windscreen. Maybe I just need to give the inside of the windscreen a good clean and it will be ok.

I just noticed one of my Crystalvisions has gone, so that was about 13 months I had out of it. I don't do much night driving but the lights are on a lot of the time, as anyone else with auto lights will appreciate.

So that will be getting swapped tonight. I just have one question - the dead bulb is on the nearside, so is it a good idea to swap the remaining bulb into the nearside and put the new one in the driver's side? I want to see how much longer the remaining bulb lasts, but I think the driver's side bulb is probably more important in terms of night time visibility if one of them could die at any moment.

Edit: or is it better to replace both bulbs at once?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club