Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First Ford And First Progress Thread

Scott Groves

Haha thanks guys after a lot of smoke and swearing through persistence i now have a remote and rca wired up and ran through to the boot one side and the power cable is through the rubber and not sitting behind the glove box until tomorrow hopefully then ill route it to the boot....that is after a trip to the local breakers as i somehow misplaced the little grip nut from under the live terminal clamp :iim:

• Like 1

Unfortunate about the nut mate,

But great to be this far on with the process.

tomorrow will be plain sailing.

• Like 1

Sorry in the delay of progress spent the last few days sorting out all the little bits and bobs such as new ring terminals, repositioning/ new screws on the power cap brackets as old were tarnished and generally tidying everything up as i went. So everything is in and functional (sound a lot better than the saxo sub wise as less rattles) all i now need to do is cable tie some of the cables up, move excess wire back under the rear seats and possibly look for something to wrap/ cover the remaining tied up cables.

Pictures to follow

• Like 1

i now need to do is cable tie some of the cables up, move excess wire back under the rear seats and possibly look for something to wrap/ cover the remaining tied up cables.

Pictures to follow

I've used some black fish net braided sleeve to combine cables,

It's available in a range of diameters looks pretty good too.

Link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190969097406

Small bit of PVC tape around end prevents fraying 👌

Looking forward to some pictures mate☺

• 5 months later...

Again sorry for the gap in posting. Sadly all of my plans were put on hold as someone decided to vandalise the car not just once but twice. The second time being the day I received it back from the bodyshop. All is well now and the damage is repaired and the car clean again so i can carry on. Im looking to tint the rear windows next and add team heko wind deflectors

2016-01-06 13.40.56.jpg

2016-01-15 09.36.30.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Encountered the dreaded common fault of the bonnet jamming on me yesterday. Looked through and through the posts on here trying the fixes to no avail. Took it to a local garage as there work is spot on and in no way overpriced. Tried a new catch as when removed from the car it worked but no it was the plastic link which turns the mechanism. All sorted now so I can fit the k&n air filter im receiving for my birthday tomorrow and some LED Bulbs

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club