Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help! Fiesta 1.6 Tdci Mk6.5 Not Cranking,intermittent.immobilizer.

matt786

It sounds like something of a wiring issue on that system. As Clive mentioned there are many parts. Have you had any success scanning for error codes?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Not purchased the scanner yet or the elm cable as suggested. Just not got round to it yet. My brother is advising me not to get it as im hopeless with electrics on cars sometimes and reckons il make more problems but im telling him if i get it then i can start to learn. In advance if i dont get any joy with the scanner myself,can anyone recommend fault scanner service in the Manchester central area just so im ready.

Mate I knew sweet funny Adams about cars and electronics till I joined the forum. My first question here was how many items I could safely plug into the 12v without blowing the fuse and even then I didn't really know how to change a fuse. Eventually I trusted myself to read the car, researched, asked questions and dove in learning how to do these things. Buy a scanner and you can't fluff it up. The time your likely to fluff it up is when you use the modified elm with elm config and start playing around but to be fair backup before and after twice and you can't go wrong.

I like to think I have learned a lot and share somewhat useful information now and if I can do it anyone can.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Quick question. Does the gem module in my car also house the immobiliser.

Quick question. Does the gem module in my car also house the immobiliser.

GEM module has nothing to do with immobiliser.

Immobilisor is ECU, Clocks, Key transponder from around the ignition, Key remote itself

• Like 1

***RESULT*** Finally some relief! I got the car scanned for fault codes by a local chap called Simon. I should have done this first instead of worrying for weeks but il know now for next time. Three fault codes came up.

96001 unknown fault code.

P1934 vehicle speed sensor-intermittent.

P0500 vehicle speed sensor input error-signal implausible or missing-intermittent.

Simon said he has never seen a 96001 fault code in the twenty odd years he has been doing this. In any case all the faults were wiped off and the car started as normal with the pats light steady then going off. A rescan was done to make sure no fault codes remained and there was none. Can anyone make sense of these codes in relation to the code 13 immobiliser fault the car was displaying. I wasn't expecting these descriptions. Simon thinks it could be the crank sensor playing up.

Although im happy the car has been behaving normally for nearly two days now,the fact remains why these faults occurred in the first place and im weary of them coming back. On leaving Simon said if the faults reappeared he will wipe them off again for free and investigate further the reoccurring problem which is very nice of him. If anyone has the exact same problem ie,a code 13 immobiliser fault then at least try the key in & out ten second procedure to start the car which i found just by chance and have described above. It will at least keep you mobile until fixed. If i hadn't found this,my car would have just sat outside my house all this time unable to be started.

Thanking everyone very much for their advise on my case. I learned quite a bit i think. For example the different parts that make up the immobiliser system,forscan & elm cable for scanning for fault codes,gem module and the pdf link. Thank you again and God bless... Say,my reverse parking sensors have a mind of their own and they make weird sounds! Anyone?

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

the moral of this type story is to start the detective work at the place where it went wrong - in this case the garage who did the preventative service work (belts etc). looks like they did caused the fault whilst doing the job and I suspect they knew it too

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club