Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Footwell Lights

PointyB

When you switch the ignition off, but the car isn't locked, the footwell lights go on. It looks really nice at night but I'd like to change the light so it's red or blue instead of the standard one. Does anyone know how I can do this, where can I buy the bulbs and also if it can be easily fitted by oneself?

If you're talking about the Mk7 Fiesta, and I'm sure you probably are, then you need 501 bulbs. They come in lots of colours. They simply pull out and push in. No bayonet or screw fixing, simply push in. Try fleabay as there are loads of 501 bulbs on there.

Here's a mega tip: don't go for the LED type as they're sh@t. Go for the filament type - much brighter. ;)

If you're talking about the Mk7 Fiesta, and I'm sure you probably are, then you need 501 bulbs. They come in lots of colours. They simply pull out and push in. No bayonet or screw fixing, simply push in. Try fleabay as there are loads of 501 bulbs on there.

Here's a mega tip: don't go for the LED type as they're sh@t. Go for the filament type - much brighter. ;)

I beg to differ, I've got some LED footwell lights and they are plenty bright. They're not single LEDs but a cluster of about 5 so the light output is higher.

RED LED 501 wedge type Similar to these ones.

This is what they look like in my car. Actual brightness is a little bit brighter than in the photo. I bought the LEDs as they don't get as hot as the bulbs.

gallery_6631_109_279868.jpg

One thing, if you're getting bulbs, make sure you don't touch the bulbs directly as your fingers will leave some grease on the bulb which can shorten their lifespan.

Hi Guys

Can one of you guys please post pics of where the footwell lights are places as the SA versions do not have them :( . I would like to check if the fittings are in the car and maybe I just need to install the bulbs....

Thanks

What colour bulbs are going to look nicer in the MK7 - matching with dash and dials without a horrible clash.

I'm leaning on red as the cars on colarado red

I beg to differ, I've got some LED footwell lights and they are plenty bright. They're not single LEDs but a cluster of about 5 so the light output is higher.

This is what they look like in my car. Actual brightness is a little bit brighter than in the photo. I bought the LEDs as they don't get as hot as the bulbs.

One thing, if you're getting bulbs, make sure you don't touch the bulbs directly as your fingers will leave some grease on the bulb which can shorten their lifespan.

I like that, I will go for the same. How many bulbs will I need? One for the passenger and one for the driver footwell?

I like that, I will go for the same. How many bulbs will I need? One for the passenger and one for the driver footwell?

You'll need a bulb for each side, yes. Most eBay sellers tend to sell them in pairs anyway so check before you buy.

The bulbs are VERY easy to spot if you have them as they're not hidden away or anything. You'll see them as soon as you start looking.

How easy is it to install? Will it require tools or what?

No tools needed at all! Just pull out the old ones and push in the new.

Great :) Bought myself two of the ones you showed me. The seller didn't sell them in pairs. Got the 5 LED one too instead of the non-LED ones. They look very bright on your pic and I'd rather have something that doesn't heat up like the original bulbs.

Great :) Bought myself two of the ones you showed me. The seller didn't sell them in pairs. Got the 5 LED one too instead of the non-LED ones. They look very bright on your pic and I'd rather have something that doesn't heat up like the original bulbs.

Sounds good, post up some pics when you've got them fitted!

Hi Guys

Can one of you guys please post pics of where the footwell lights are places as the SA versions do not have them sad.gif . I would like to check if the fittings are in the car and maybe I just need to install the bulbs....

Thanks

Dude what model do you have? My Titanium came with footwell lights...Maybe check with the dealer if yours is supposed to come with them...

@ Fiesta za: I have a Trend... Will double check with the dealer but I have not seen any in the showroom with Footwell lights.

Where about in SA are you based?

• 1 month later...

i fancy blue myself blue.jpg

i wana do this to my focus but dont know were to start.

Have put some 12 pin LED's in my footwells MUCH brighter than my prevois 6-pin LED's.

I have red in the footwell to match the car's interior lighting

Guys, even I managed to replace the bulbs for red ones!

I bought the ones mentioned in a previous thread, the second lot as the first ones from eBay were not LED and just gave a red round circle. The others I got from Torquesteer but they are definitely much better.

I'd post pics but I haven't worked out how to do that yet. (I know, I can managed to change bulbs but not post pics on a forum - maybe someone will take pity on me and tell me how!)

I have noticed that the right-hand (driver's) side footwell bulb looks very vulnerable to being accidentally kicked and broken, causing lots of lovely small shards of glass to end up on the floor. In my Fiesta the driver's side footwell bulb projects below the bottom edge of the dash by 12mm, almost 1/2 inch, but on the front passenger side the bulb is completely recessed and safe from damage.

Is it just me being fussy/unduly concerned?

What do those of you with footwell lighting think?

Re: Mk7 Zetec

Just read through all posts in this topic so if this has already been answered <apologies> Do these stay on when driving or do they only come on when you open doors/turn engine off?(which is it or both? <<< Does the interior light up when engine is switched off? (lights on car ceiling)

Cheers lads/ladies.

Peter

Re: Mk7 Zetec

Just read through all posts in this topic so if this has already been answered <apologies> Do these stay on when driving or do they only come on when you open doors/turn engine off?(which is it or both? <<< Does the interior light up when engine is switched off? (lights on car ceiling)

Cheers lads/ladies.

Peter

The footwell lights come on when you open the doors and turn off the engine. Same with the interior lights. They switch off when the engine is started.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club