Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Dash Cam As Christmas Gift For Dad

antigon

Hi everyone!

It's Christmas soon, so I've been thinking about a gifts for my family. In the case of my dad it was relatively easy - he has mentioned a few times that he would want to get a dashcam for his car as he spends a lot of time commuting to work and doing a fair few miles in the car and has seen multiple accidents on his way to work.

However, I'm struggling with choice. Surprisingly, there doesn't seem to be an absolute market leader that's a well known brand. They also vary greatly in prices from £15 to £250, with the cheaper end looking very plastic and that they will break within an hour of use, and I can't afford the very expensive ones... I asked couple of my friends, and one of them said he had bought a "Novinos" and he was happy with it considering it's price. I found the link to their online store:

SPAMMY LINK REMOVED (ADMIN)

I like it because I'm quite sure my dad will like how it looks and the build quality looks really good. The price is also very reasonable considering the other cameras on the market, and that there an SD card included so I won't have to spend extra money on that... and I can call it two gifts to my dad haha.

So I wanted to ask for your opinions, anyone had experience with this model? Any other good cameras to consider? And will I be a good and loving son with such a gift? :)

Not seen that model but it depends what you need and your budget, do you want a screen, discretion,gps etc.

Well have a few favourites here, cheap and cheerful is the gs8000l, I have had three now (one broke but two work fine) lasted a year before I broke it, but I was faffing with software. Costs 20 quid and is a good camera. Next is the mobius, costs around 60 or so in the UK, no screen, discrete and very customisable. Also there are others like the ausdom 261 I have currently. Gps, high definition, lane departure, and a few other goodies, costs around 90 quid.

It really depends what you want and want to spend.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

that seems like a good dashcam. i would hard wire it so that it is permanently on so that any incidents that happen when the car is parked gets recorded too - the battery doesnt appear to be very big so would run out of power quickly.

My vote would be for the Mobius which I've had for over a year. It's completely reliable and gives very good video quality considering it only cost me around £40. But this close to Christmas you might have to pay more from a UK seller to get it in time.

I've got the Transcend DrivePro 200 off amazon. £79.99 at the time. Not hard wired though. Just tucked the lead in the trim down the A pillar (passenger side) along the bottom and then under passenger seat and plug into socket between seats. Works fine. No problems at all.

Hey, thanks for feedback!

I've done some further research and have decided to give that horizon camera a chance, actually.

Frankly speaking, the decisive part was camera design - I want something less plastic-looking for my dad. Just take a look at the picture and google search results below=)

And on my budget that is only decision with that look. And besides, all those bonuses with 32gb card and free shipping are quite attractive.

I have also googled today "novinos" and found a footage from this dash cam, quality is satisfactory:
  • Like 1

dont spam us like others.. we know you are spamming.

Mods, suprised you never picked up on this.

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club