Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Expensive Illuminated Gear Knob

Addyshan

"Easy to install - does not require wiring to the transmission, ECU or any other module of the car" How does it know what gear you are in and how does it get power? Looks interesting though I kinda suspect you would get board with it after 5 mins lol.

Perhaps a sensor with an accelerometer in. The engine doesn't know what gear it's in anyway so it'd be pointless hooking it up to the ECU.

Does seem kinda pointless and a little gimmicky. Kinda looks like something Halfords would sell for £30.

• Like 1

I've got a similar one fitted in my mk7.5 TX, yes it did cost me that much in the end (re op) but Imo its worth every penny it matches the red ambient lighting in the TX perfectly

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_fiesta_gear_lever_knob_with_red_illuminated_gear_shift_pattern_f_1580939_c_417.htm

I've seen that one about is it difficult to wire in that the only thing that puts me off buying one like that. The £166 gear knob is just to much could buy lowing springs for that amount of money. I've looked online because the company that makes them is gaslock still cost over £100 and those are without the ford logo.

I think the techs had to faff about a bit fitting it as it was made for the mk7 not the 7.5 , it in turn pushed the costs up hence mentioning in my pp. That said though it really looks the part :thumbup:

• Like 1

Have it on my car. I got a really good deal on the gear knob as my dad works for Ford. Wired it to be on with ignition. Looks awesome at night

post-62049-1451158224_thumb.jpg

post-62049-145115823594_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Woops just noticed it's a different one else :)

Is that a deal that could be duplicated with a crate of beer?... ;)

• Like 1

Is that a deal that could be duplicated with a crate of beer?... ;)

Unfortunately not ;)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club