Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Message Reads "alarm System Service Reqd"

Pinho Hunt

Message comes on each time I start engine, 2009 tdci estate titanium x, has anyone any thoughts?

Please excuse lack of knowledge but where does one find this ' back up battery' ?

It & the sounder may be under the N/S/F wheel arch - further to the above, water ingress due to this daft location may also cause this fault

• Like 1

Ok, thanks I'll look in morning if weather dry.

Ok, thanks I'll look in morning if weather dry.

Google : Mondeo alarm system service required - for more info

Thought they had all been replaced by now!! Obviously not, also there were issues with the ultasonics that gave that message. Are there any other faults with your car, like wipers working when there switched off?

Could also be a possible fault with the internal sensor

• 4 weeks later...

Good morning gents, update to above problem.

I intended to leave the above problem till weather improved however 'service Oil' flashed up last week and I booked car in for 1st Feb at local garage, service manager called me to say tell me that mechanic has found problem with battery ( i had suspected this as i noticed drop in battery power in very cold weather) I told them to go ahead with service and to change battery. Don't worry i'm coming to the point. Well when I collected the car I noticed that 'Alarm system etc' no longer flagged up and system is working a treat. So problem with above warning was due to knackered battery.

Thanks for advice.

Andrew

• 4 years later...

Just had a warning light on the dash :

Alarm system service req.

This is the code from diagnostic machine :

B1D17 Bus circuit. 

There are 2 things  to trigger this fault:

the interior sensor inside the cabin near dome light or the  alarm/siren box. Ford place this unit and the main Ecu on the Mondeo underneath the passenger's wheel arch ,the most ridiculous spot to place these fragile electrical units .

Because of the location these units are prone to rust and water ingress. 

I am not sure if you can replace the battery inside.

Anyway quickly removed the wheel plastic arch revealing the siren/alarm on top and got a replacement unit ,and placed the siren inside the engine bay .

Extremely easy ,got the wire through the engine bay .The wire should come out  behind the battery tray .So it's easy way to remove the battery tray as well.

Placed the alarm/siren between the battery and air filter box in one of battery's bolt fitment . The wire it's long enough for this job.

So l don't need to change this unit ever again.

I wish to remove the Main Ecu from wheel arch as well. 

This is the Ford part number for the siren/alarm

:6g9n-19g229-ak

cheers

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Art2309 said:

Just had a warning light on the dash :

B1D17 Bus circuit. 

There are 2 things  to trigger this fault:

the interior sensor inside the cabin near dome light or the  alarm/siren box. Ford place this unit and the main Ecu on the Mondeo underneath the passenger's wheel arch ,the most ridiculous spot to place these fragile electrical units .

I am not sure if you can replace the battery inside.

Anyway quickly removed the wheel plastic arch revealing the siren/alarm on top and got a replacement unit ,and placed the siren inside the engine bay .

Extremely easy ,got the wire through the engine bay .The wire should come out  behind the battery tray .So it's easy way to remove the battery tray as well.

Placed the alarm/siren between the battery and air filter box in one of battery's bolt fitment . The wire it's long enough for this job.

cheers

14 hours ago, Art2309 said:

Just had a warning light on the dash on my Mondeo 1.6tdci 2012:

B1D17 Bus circuit. 

There are 2 things  to trigger this fault (unless damaged wires):

Anyway quickly removed the wheel plastic arch revealing the siren/alarm on top and got a replacement unit (Not sure if battery inside can be replaced, because it looks factory pressed sealed),and placed the alarm/siren inside the engine bay .

cheers

Update to my previous repairs.

Bought a second hand back siren/alarm ,but measuring only 2v.

So the results: opened the old unit which was very tough in robust cases.

Inside it's a NiMH

2.4v 550mAh battery which you can replace .

It cost only £10 compared to £205 to the new ones from Ford dealer.

You only need the new battery NOT the whole unit ,providing that's yours it wasn't through water ingress .

15993094187224264421750644239824.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/5/2020 at 1:37 PM, Art2309 said:

Update to my previous repairs.

Bought a second hand back siren/alarm ,but measuring only 2v.

So the results: opened the old unit which was very tough in robust cases.

Inside it's a NiMH

2.4v 550mAh battery which you can replace .

It cost only £10 compared to £205 to the new ones from Ford dealer.

You only need the new battery NOT the whole unit ,providing that's yours it wasn't through water ingress .

15993094187224264421750644239824.jpg

@ART2309

This is brilliant and EXACTLY what I wish to do with my existing Mondeo Mk4 siren unit.  However, before I remove it from the car, would you please go into a little more detail about how you got into the siren unit, as you said it was "robust".  Is this straightforward, or is there some butchery involved?  If so, what does this entail?

• 1 year later...

Hi, sorry to piggy back off this topic, I've today had my car unlock via the fob but now will not lock/unlock via the key fob (replaced battery not that) now I also get the same alarm system requires service message. When I unlock the car via the key if I don't get the car in the ignition quick enough the alarm goes off once the drivers door is open and I mean gotta be quick.

Will replacing this same battery modual fix the same issues I am having/ is it a good place to start?

Start by replacing the keyfob battery "again"

Use only good quality genuine Duracell, Panasonic, EverReady (energizer). Double check the battery is correctly fitted.

Lock the car with the key. Then try unlocking with the keyfob. If there is no response you will probably have to use the relearn keyfob function (see owners handbook).

• 4 months later...

Had the same warning. Local garage replaced the alarm/siren battery unit. Same warning still appearing every time I start the engine. Took it to Ford dealer who fitted another new alarm/siren battery unit and cleared the fault code log. Same warning still appearing. Ford said the following code was returned B1D17 - battery backup sounder missing. So far it has cost me almost £500 and I still have the same fault. Would like to sell the car but cannot do so with the warning appearing. No idea what else/ where to look.  Steve

You need to find a good auto electrician, it's not a job for a garage mechanic.

Since the you have had the part replaced twice I think it is safe to rule out a faulty unit. It could be damaged or corded wires that go to the alarm sounder. The connector is worth checking.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club