Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rattling From Passenger Side! >: (

JSMarsden

It's driving me mad and I can't locate it! Everytime I'm a low rpm or a bit of bass comes on the radio (on like volume 8..) I hear an annoying rattle from the passenger side.

I think it's coming from behind the glove box as it sounds like it's under the dash. Emptied glove box and door pockets etc and can't find anything but everytime I hit a pot hole or I'm setting off or there is a hint of bass I hear it.

Is there anyway to take the glove box off or does anybody have any ideas? Hard to fully locate it while driving!

• Like 1

It's driving me mad and I can't locate it! Everytime I'm a low rpm or a bit of bass comes on the radio (on like volume 8..) I hear an annoying rattle from the passenger side.

I think it's coming from behind the glove box as it sounds like it's under the dash. Emptied glove box and door pockets etc and can't find anything but everytime I hit a pot hole or I'm setting off or there is a hint of bass I hear it.

Is there anyway to take the glove box off or does anybody have any ideas? Hard to fully locate it while driving!

Rattles are really annoying mate! I've done a thread on the ******* things.

I used to have a rattle coming from the passenger seatbelt...

A rattle coming from the centre console area...

To take the glove box out. All you do is open the glove box, place both of your hands on the outside, sides, push inwards (squeeze together) and there should be two rubber prongs that need to come out with it.

Hope that helps buddy.

• Like 1

Rattles are really annoying mate! I've done a thread on the ******* things.

I used to have a rattle coming from the passenger seatbelt...

A rattle coming from the centre console area...

To take the glove box out. All you do is open the glove box, place both of your hands on the outside, sides, push inwards (squeeze together) and there should be two rubber prongs that need to come out with it.

Hope that helps buddy.

Will try that on my lunch hour! I had it in my company car fiesta (Think that was the passenger seatbelt, again at low rpm....) But this is either coming from behind the glovebox or centre console, it seems to move whenever I move my head toward it. Think I need to get somebody in the passenger seat to help me find it as well!

Ill try to search your threads now. The worst part is, even when I turn my radio up a bit louder (like 14) I can still hear it in the !Removed! background! :(

• Like 1

Will try that on my lunch hour! I had it in my company car fiesta (Think that was the passenger seatbelt, again at low rpm....) But this is either coming from behind the glovebox or centre console, it seems to move whenever I move my head toward it. Think I need to get somebody in the passenger seat to help me find it as well!

Ill try to search your threads now. The worst part is, even when I turn my radio up a bit louder (like 14) I can still hear it in the !Removed! background! :(

My centre console one is coming from round the 12v input and handbrake... Rattles are just the worst mate.

In a Aston Martin you'll get rattles... Just one of them things, I know you want to get to the bottom of it and it there is nothing more satisfying than finding the source of the rattle, even if you can't prevent the chuffing thing, you know exactly what it is. ;-)

Just looked through them at least its not just me. I had a look under the glove box (behind it) today, looks very busy so hope its nothing in there. Just hope its not coming from passenger airbag or something.

I think it could possibly be in the door but no other way now of knowing until I get a passenger in later! The hunt is on, think ill go crazy if I cant sort it (or at least know what it is). It feels like a Japanese torture method!!

• Like 2

Hahaha deary me!;)

Yeah thats the fuse box that youd be seeing behind the glove box matey.

Rattles are just the worst pal!

My new red edition has several. It also has a creaky gear stick. They silicone spayed the inside and it helped but not totally. The rattles come and go in carious places and annoy the hell out of me.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
On ‎19‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 8:51 AM, JSMarsden said:

Oh man, I've got this too. any uneven road surface, hard turning right seems to set it off too, changes in temperature and bass. I had thought it was my Speakers cause it sounds like its very close to that area/glove box but there's not a single crackle present in them when the car isn't moving. Only happens every once in a while too, its not being able to find it that's bugging me. I'm just about ready to start fishing about behind the glove box to see if any lids/covers/plastics are having arguments behind there. If that fails my next guess is that it truly is something inside the door. It kind of sounds like a buzzing (if you've done or heard it before, it sounds like when you put a squashed drinks can somewhere it can rub on your rear bike tyre tread as a kid to make it sound like a motorbike).

I've got the seatbelt ones too, or should I say behind the seatbelt housing and that area and just recently ive had a creaking/tapping in what sounds like the boot area, Sounds like something has fallen down the back of the boot liner and is tapping in where the spare wheel is. cleaned it out and moved a few things around, nothing there but has seemed to stop.

The rattles are safety & brain development devices fitted by Ford when the car was made! Honest they are :unsure:

All rattles have a RBBD stamped on them....that's the..... 'Rattle Best Before Date' :tongue:  

The rattles keep you from dozing off as you press every bit of god damn bit of plastic on long journey's :angry:

The rattles test your mind as you try to find them :rolleyes:

The rattles cost you money as you break parts in your quest to find them :huh:

The rattles you cure only then wake up the baby rattles which have nearly reached their RBBD :w00t:

And most of all you'll never be bored of your Ford as the rattles get much worse until you actually cry like a big baby..... 

200_s.gif

• Like 1

I just made that crap up by the way because I'm sick to death of the plastic pillars on our car rattling on cold days & rough surfaces :walkman:  

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club