Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chilly Draft...

Dee_82

Here is an odd one, so this has been bugger me for ages so I thought id put it out to the masses and see what folk think.

driving along, warm air is blowing out, AC on, blower set to 2 and heat about 75%, vents split feet/face.

at slow speed if I was to do a sharp right hand bend (almost or full lock) I get a blast of cold air coming out the centre console area making my left hand on the gear stick cold, doesn't blow at the feet or face, just from around that centre area.  Anyone got any thoughts?

I get that too, though I also got in my peugeot before I upgraded to my focus, I couldn't tell you why it happens though, maybe something to do with air flow in the car, or maybe something to do with the twisting action of the steering column where it goes through the bulkhead ??

• Like 1

Mine blows a random cold chill occasionally, not really taken any notice of when it does it though!!

I just assumed it was always blowing cold and the turn just moves that cold air towards me.

The non-climate heating system in the Mk2.5 is terrible anyway, hate it, if only climate was easier to retrofit lol!

• Like 1

its the strangest thing, we probably all suffer from it but mentally block it out because of how daft it sounds .

I'm guessing climate is a royal pain in the ar$e to change too, with the whole dash being removed or something equally difficult?  

Could be the flaps on the airbox directional control unit flapping loose?

Yeah climate requires a whole new HVAC 'box', loom, dash panel, sun sensor etc.  Would cost ridiculous amounts to retrofit unfortunately.

I get something like that on my mk1 focus too. I'm sure I've noticed it in other makes of car too. At least in this weather I wear gloves, so for a while at any rate I won't notice it :biggrin:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club