Do Not Sell My Personal Information

mk2 ford transit

kenko

:rolleyes:

Hi guys, need a little help if theres any old school boys here, just picked up a 1985 mk2 transit horsebox with a 2 ltr pinto engine under the bonnet but its running lumpy, susspect carb problem, can anyone recommend a decent but cheap carb I can put on. Any ideas would be appreciated, not looking to run it down santa pod in under 10, just a smooth drive would be great, with a little bit more power thats all. Cheers, Jason.

the 2lt pinto had a weber 32/36 DGAV carb fitted, you could try eBay or one of the many online breakers for a replacement.

• 2 weeks later...

ok, ive figured out this 2.0 ltr pinto engine does have a 32/36 DGAV carb fitted, Ive done a compression test just out of curiosity and got the following:-

No 1: 75 psi

No 2: 57 psi

No 3: 45 psi

No 4: 45 psi

did the test 3 times just to comfirm and always the same. i suspect there is a problem possibly headgasket between 3 & 4 cylinder, but the results seem very low generally, i was expecting maybe 140 to 160 psi? low compression engine maybe?

can anyone tell me how i can figure out if this is a low compression engine before i go any further?

cheers for now.

a perfect pinto would give 160psi so something is seriousley amiss so its time to get the spanners out.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club