Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Logitech Mouse Random Double Clicking Issues

GMX

All my mice are Logitech M205, and they're all about the same age (all bought at the same time in 2011, from Maplins)  Although, obviously the ones used with more frequently used PCs have seen more clicking action: than the less frequently used ones.

Just lately, on my left click buttons, on my three main PCs mice, I've been experiencing a lot of automatic double clicking when I'm only wanting a single click.  It's also become near impossible to left click and highlight anything for copy and pasting purposes.  Paragraphs are becoming a nightmare.

It's not the drivers, I've checked these on each PC (all nine of them!)  It's not the OS either, in both Windows and Linux, the faulty mice are faulty and equally, all the good mice work are good!

Is this just my left click micro-switches needing a clean?

Or have my mice reached the end of their working life?  Anyone know what the expected operating life of a mouse should be, in either years or hours of use?

I assume all mice are constructed in a similar way and opening them up Logitech ones will the same as Microsoft ones. Two screws at the back and plastic clips at the front, I recall. It's some time since I deconstructed a mouse.

You could try giving it a clean, it may solve it. But really I think you need to replace the mouse. It's hard to give a lifespan on a mouse, people treat them differently, click harder on them and such. For example, I used to work in a school, it wasn't uncommon that we would have to replace the mice in computing classrooms every year or two. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arwen said:

You could try giving it a clean, it may solve it. But really I think you need to replace the mouse. It's hard to give a lifespan on a mouse, people treat them differently, click harder on them and such. For example, I used to work in a school, it wasn't uncommon that we would have to replace the mice in computing classrooms every year or two. 

Thanks Arwen:smile:

I'll try cleaning them first, there's no loss if it doesn't solve it

Looking at the three of them: against the other six, I've worn the matt finish on casing down to glossy sheen:mellow:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club