Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reverse camera

Jonro2009

Hi

I have a mkV mondeo with the Sync2 system, I think it is the 8" screen. I really want a reverse camera. I'm ok with fitting one to the rear of the car whichever one I choose and I have no worries getting an appropriate power feed for it.

My question is this, can I connect this to the sync2 system and view the image via the screen? I have no idea how to get the screen and unit out so I can look at the connections at the back and see what is possible. There are jacks in the centre armrest console but I'm not sure if these will transmit video and I'm sure if they did I would have to select the feed from the menu each time I wanted to use the camera. I just want to be able to view the rear camera feed on the standard screen and for it to come up automatically when I select reverse.

Any advice and details of other people's setups would be appreciated

Jon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How come that you haven't got a reverse camera on you mk5?

Which type is it?

I am not sure if you can connect an aftermarket reverse cam onto your screen, the way you want.

It's the zetec model so it's not a standard item. It has full parking sensors front and rear with the park assist though.

That's a shame if I cant

Maybe, you can ask a ford dealer, if it is possible to add a camera.

He must know the right answer....It might be so that the wiring is already present & you just have to P&P, I'm just guessing, though.

I have a camera on the license plate illumination

Is yours an aftermarket camera or OEM? I don't want to have another screen, although I'm not discounting the idea. I would be quite happy to remove the unit to look behind it but I'm not sure how to remove it, there is lots of trim and there doesn't seem to be any guides on here or YouTube.

I'm not sure the dealers/mechanics know their ar5e from their elbow up here. Took them 3 months to diagnose and fix my brand new car despite me telling them exactly what was wrong.

What is your setup like? Any pictures at all?

7 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

Is yours an aftermarket camera or OEM? I don't want to have another screen, although I'm not discounting the idea. I would be quite happy to remove the unit to look behind it but I'm not sure how to remove it, there is lots of trim and there doesn't seem to be any guides on here or YouTube.

I'm not sure the dealers/mechanics know their ar5e from their elbow up here. Took them 3 months to diagnose and fix my brand new car despite me telling them exactly what was wrong.

What is your setup like? Any pictures at all?

My camera is OEM

Note the wheels, I've let them  coated in anthracite & pearl

IMG_2084 (1).JPG

IMG_2085.JPG

IMG_2094 (1).JPG

IMG_2095.JPG

IMG_2099.JPG

IMG_2108.JPG

IMG_2558.JPG

IMG_2560.JPG

IMG_2571.JPG

IMG_2621.JPG

Ah, you have the titanium x? Nice colour and the wheels are really smart.

You have a different head unit than me, I don't have the Sony one

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonro2009 said:

Ah, you have the titanium x? Nice colour and the wheels are really smart.

You have a different head unit than me, I don't have the Sony one

actually it's TITANIUM BUSINESS Edition +  ( in Belgium )

Do you have a photo of your unit ?

Ah right.

Here is a photo of the unit..... 847004E4-E3C4-4364-8227-AB97B2B58A1E_zpsisctokt8.jpg

20160301_214717_zpscqwy1tp1.jpg

What's wrong with mirrors? Cameras are great on a 40 tonner but a car I'm not sure

I like gadgets and tech, mirrors are fine I've even got windows but you can never have too many toys [emoji106]

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club