Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Active City Stop not Available

ScarletPimple

Hi all

Have been browsing and searching these forums and there seems to be some very knowledgeable advice given, however I have been unable to find anything to answer my concern.

I took delivery of a brand new Focus 1.5tdci 120 Titanium Nav yesterday and from driving about I seem to randomly (might be a pattern but if there is haven't worked it out yet) get the error message "Active City Stop not Available".

Turning ignition off and back on again removes the message for a bit until the next time.

Is this just because the car is brand new and the brakes are still bedding in or could it something more sinister?

Thanks in Advance

ScarletPimple

its supposed to monitor the gap to another vehicle and apply the brakes of you don't I dont know enough about it to say why it may be unavailable seems dumb to add a safety feature that doesn't work all the time as its new ide give the dealer a call

The warning message indicates that there is something wrong with the Active City Stop system. If the system is working correctly it should only show a message when the system intervenes or if the system is completely switched off (for example by putting the ECS system in Sport Mode (ST only).

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies folks, car going in to be looked at 2moro

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Did they ever fix your Active City Stop issue? My Mondeo is going back in for the 4th time next week. Seems they just do not know what is causing it. Be interested in hearing how you got on.

Have you actually turned on the feature within the settings? This maybe why its displaying the message.

If you have, then get it back to Ford.

Muchofastico: Then they need to replace the system, there is a fault with the modules. I'd also take it to another Ford dealer if I was you.

On 19/04/2016 at 5:30 PM, ScarletPimple said:

Hi all

Have been browsing and searching these forums and there seems to be some very knowledgeable advice given, however I have been unable to find anything to answer my concern.

I took delivery of a brand new Focus 1.5tdci 120 Titanium Nav yesterday and from driving about I seem to randomly (might be a pattern but if there is haven't worked it out yet) get the error message "Active City Stop not Available".

Turning ignition off and back on again removes the message for a bit until the next time.

Is this just because the car is brand new and the brakes are still bedding in or could it something more sinister?

Thanks in Advance

ScarletPimple

We also have a brand new 1.5 TDCi 120 and I've never seen an error message about active city stop so I don't think it's related to the car being new.   I did ensure it was "on" in the driver assist settings which I think it was by default.

May be worth double checking your setting which can be found on the information display  (the smaller in dash display) using the steering wheel arrow keys. From memory it's under he driver assist settings and can be set to on or off.

If it's on and still showing the message I'd contact your dealer.     

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hi 

my car also says city stop not available and abs , brake and skid lights are on also ? Does anyone else have these lights on with this fault 

regards

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club