Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Electric windows issue

Rozzaxw1

Hey all,

I wonder if anyone has encountered this issue before.

I have a 2008 focus and yesterday with the 10 seconds of sunshine my wife rolled down the passage to window. However it seems to like that and won't hold it back up.

When we press the up on either the driver or passages button it rolls all the way up and thenot puts itself back down. It does the same with the global roll down function on the key so that kinda rules out the switches. 

I can only imagine it's either an electrical issuequipment such as a bad earth etc or the safety features to roll down if anything is in the way of the window shutting.... 

Any suggestions?

You probably need to retrain the anti-pinch protection as described in the manual:

Resetting the memory of the electric windows
WARNING
warning_ownerguide.gif  The anti-trap function is deactivated until you have reset the memory.

After the battery has been disconnected from the vehicle you must reset the memory separately for each window:
Note:  On vehicles with a convertible top, the roof and doors must be fully closed before carrying out the following procedure.
  1. Lift and hold the switch until the window is fully closed.
  1. Release the switch.
  1. Lift the switch again for one more second.
  1. Push and hold the switch until the window is fully open.
  1. Release the switch.
  1. Lift and hold the switch until the window is fully closed.
  1. Open the window and try to close it automatically.
  1. Reset and repeat procedure if the window does not close automatically.

Many thanks for the tip Tom, no joy though. I had a doubt it would work because I cannot follow the first step. I cannot fully close the window. Upon reaching full closure it immediately reverses about 3/4 down again.

😕

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club