Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK7 Privacy Glass & Scratches

PhotoTom

Hi Guys,

I am the proud owner of a Titanium in Squeeze with privacy glass. I have only had my car for two weeks and whilst washing her for the first time I noticed some strange marks on the outside of the rear window. Some of marks look like rain drops running from top to bottom, but are actually scratches into the glass (you can feel most of them when you run your finger nail across). I also have some criss-cross marks near the wiper.. I have checked and they don't seem to line up with the wiper, so does look like thats causing it..

Has anyone else experienced this before?

I'm starting to think they were there when i collected the car, as they are only noticeable when the sun catches them, is this caused by the film used to create the privacy effect, I didn't realise its on the outside!?

The privacy glass isn't film, it's imbued into the glass itself.

Glass doesn't scratch easily, so I would think you're probably right that they were there when you collected the car - have you had your 1500 miles courtesy check? I'd mention it then.

Glass doesn't scratch easily, so I would think you're probably right that they were there when you collected the car - have you had your 1500 miles courtesy check? I'd mention it then.

sorry to hijack but just reading you mention 1500mile courtesy check? , ive done about 3000miles now and ive not been told anything about a courtesy check?

is this a requirement?

cheers

sorry to hijack but just reading you mention 1500mile courtesy check? , ive done about 3000miles now and ive not been told anything about a courtesy check?

is this a requirement?

cheers

If brought from a ford dealer they sugest you come back after 1,500 miles as a free inspection and check will be carried out.

If brought from a ford dealer they sugest you come back after 1,500 miles as a free inspection and check will be carried out.

blimey they did'nt tell me that ,luckily im going up to my ford garage soon to get some stuff ,would they still do a check if ive done 2500-3000miles

thanks

Bringing it back on topic.....

No it's really new.. less than 200 miles at present! it seems like there maybe some very smooth film still on the back window.. as the scratches feel like they have carved into a plastic like top coating of the glass. Obviously glass is super tough and shouldn't scratch easily!

Bringing it back on topic.....

No it's really new.. less than 200 miles at present! it seems like there maybe some very smooth film still on the back window.. as the scratches feel like they have carved into a plastic like top coating of the glass. Obviously glass is super tough and shouldn't scratch easily!

I have a brand new Titanium and noticed a very small scratch on the privacy glass - mine is at the bottom right hand corner of the rear window. I noticed it whilst I inspected it when I picked it up. I also had 3 small chip marks in the paint work - front, rear and side. All have been photographed and I'm waiting for it to be fixed.

blimey they did'nt tell me that ,luckily im going up to my ford garage soon to get some stuff ,would they still do a check if ive done 2500-3000miles

thanks

Most dealers offer a 1500mile or 3 month old check free of charge to the customer. It is not a requirement and does not affect warrenty etc. We offer it and we have had a few with 2000 - 3000 miles on so they should not say no.

is this a requirement?

cheers

hi

i returned my fiesta back to dealers today and i mentioned about what i have read on here about 1500mls check and was told no check at 1500mls also no need to run the engine in ,

regards paul

hi

i returned my fiesta back to dealers today and i mentioned about what i have read on here about 1500mls check and was told no check at 1500mls also no need to run the engine in ,

regards paul

It is down to a dealer weather they do this or not as it costs the dealer to do it even though it costs the customer nothing. Recently lots of dealers have decided not to offer this to customers but the dealer i work for and many around us still do. Also u will only get the check done free at the place you bought from.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club