Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Airbag fault light - Mk 2 Galaxy

Cieurniht

I wonder if someone could help. I have a 2011 Galaxy 1.6 Ecoboost with an airbag fault light which is due to MOt in June. Would anybody know:

- I have seen that there have been problems with the switch beneath the drivers seat, with the wiring being too tight so when the seat is moved (as is the case with ours as I am 6ft and my wife is 5 ft). Is there a way to address this?

- is there a way of displaying the fault code without the use of a diagnostic test in case it is something else?

- I have read on the forum that the light will not be cleared just by fixing the fault, the code has to be removed by the doagnostic tool? Is this right? And would the diagnostic tool be available to independent garages, or is this a Ford only thing. 

Thanks in advance for any help. 

hi,you have a mk3 galaxy not a mk2.

you can check using the on board diagnostics,iirc theres a how to on here.

once you have the code either google it,or ask on here im sure someone will be able to shed some light on what the code could be,as to clearing it.if it is just a loose wire YOU might be able to clear it by dis connecting the battery?

BUT before you do MAKE sure you have the radio code.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club