Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Great Sadness!

JayG90

Well I think it's coming with great sadness I might have to part with my Mk7 Fiesta. A few hours ago I was asking about a light install for the glovebox but been up all night working figures out and with work lowering my hours by half... I can no longer afford my payments on my car, keep up with all other payments. I've come to the conclusion that I can get rougly £4,700 via a dealer (need a quick sell) due to driving me more and more in debt. I'll be putting £500 a side for a cheap little run around, the rest will cover the finance.

We have decided to go with a MK1 Focus, due to this within the price range and is still sticking with ford. If I've done my figures right, I should be able to get a new car in a year/year and a half. It saddens me as I've had so many memories in the MK7 fiesta, even gaining back damage for life after a rear end crash. but this is the best thing for me to do else I'll end up having the car repo'd, debt collectors bashing at my door. It's sickening when I think about it as last year I was pretty well off (in a sense).

Anyway, what do you guys think to the Mk1 focus, anything I should look out for? I can get a MK2 Focus for £950 but I can't even afford that :/

14 minutes ago, JayG90 said:

Well I think it's coming with great sadness I might have to part with my Mk7 Fiesta. A few hours ago I was asking about a light install for the glovebox but been up all night working figures out and with work lowering my hours by half... I can no longer afford my payments on my car, keep up with all other payments. I've come to the conclusion that I can get rougly £4,700 via a dealer (need a quick sell) due to driving me more and more in debt. I'll be putting £500 a side for a cheap little run around, the rest will cover the finance.

We have decided to go with a MK1 Focus, due to this within the price range and is still sticking with ford. If I've done my figures right, I should be able to get a new car in a year/year and a half. It saddens me as I've had so many memories in the MK7 fiesta, even gaining back damage for life after a rear end crash. but this is the best thing for me to do else I'll end up having the car repo'd, debt collectors bashing at my door. It's sickening when I think about it as last year I was pretty well off (in a sense).

Anyway, what do you guys think to the Mk1 focus, anything I should look out for? I can get a MK2 Focus for £950 but I can't even afford that :/

That's a real shame.

But good news is that (personally) I think the mk1 focus is ace. My first car was a 1.6 LX and it was a dream to drive. Smooth, fun, nippy and comfortable. I still think they're one of the best looking as well. Plus you get a surprising amount of space in a car that doesn't have a huge footprint.

Sorry to hear this, if it's any consolation I'm in the exact same boat with the hours & car on finance.  I'm trying to see if I can wait a month(wife has just started work).  But I really am pushing it fine. 

3 minutes ago, Preecematt said:

Sorry to hear this, if it's any consolation I'm in the exact same boat with the hours & car on finance.  I'm trying to see if I can wait a month(wife has just started work).  But I really am pushing it fine. 

Other half as just lost her job, well bullied into quiting (unfortantly had no rights as she only just started) if I keep the car I'm just going to drive myself more and more into debt. :/

2 minutes ago, JayG90 said:

Other half as just lost her job, well bullied into quiting (unfortantly had no rights as she only just started) if I keep the car I'm just going to drive myself more and more into debt. :/

My mither started last year, I changed job as we brought our house, so I wanted to work closer to home, with the thought of saving petrol etc.  So got the new car at £293 a month after 3 months at my new job, then after xmas income went down by about £5-600.  It's difficult not knowing what to do really, sat here at the moment it's easy to say, oh get rid of the car.  But my contract says about paying 50% of the car off etc.  I can't afford that lol.  

5 minutes ago, Preecematt said:

My mither started last year, I changed job as we brought our house, so I wanted to work closer to home, with the thought of saving petrol etc.  So got the new car at £293 a month after 3 months at my new job, then after xmas income went down by about £5-600.  It's difficult not knowing what to do really, sat here at the moment it's easy to say, oh get rid of the car.  But my contract says about paying 50% of the car off etc.  I can't afford that lol.  

It sounds like our boat is the same. Funny enough just after christmas. You don't happen to work on the railway do you? lol.
That was my problem as I was trying to get a finance agreement on a 1.0l fiesta JUST TO CUT down on fuel as I work 40 miles away, luckily I am starting to get the train to work but we were meant to get 45p a mile, till they scammed me out of it. Before xmas I was on 160 hours a month, I was managing nicely, not the richest but all bills cleared each month and enough spare to see the country (do a lot of travelling). I have my bank slamming £90 charges each month because one of their advisors said a payment had been made (which it had) but then was returned 3 days later and then taken back out? so now constantly over my limit. (I can't afford £90) to clear it, but they wont help out, it is a bank after all. I guess that's life.

I can't even get a loan to clear everything (even though I'd have enough in the long run to pay it back) because my credit has been destroyed.

21 minutes ago, JayG90 said:

It sounds like our boat is the same. Funny enough just after christmas. You don't happen to work on the railway do you? lol.
That was my problem as I was trying to get a finance agreement on a 1.0l fiesta JUST TO CUT down on fuel as I work 40 miles away, luckily I am starting to get the train to work but we were meant to get 45p a mile, till they scammed me out of it. Before xmas I was on 160 hours a month, I was managing nicely, not the richest but all bills cleared each month and enough spare to see the country (do a lot of travelling). I have my bank slamming £90 charges each month because one of their advisors said a payment had been made (which it had) but then was returned 3 days later and then taken back out? so now constantly over my limit. (I can't afford £90) to clear it, but they wont help out, it is a bank after all. I guess that's life.

I can't even get a loan to clear everything (even though I'd have enough in the long run to pay it back) because my credit has been destroyed.

Nooo I work in farming lol.  I was on about 80-100 hours a week(depending on weekend off or not) and was earning about £2400 a month, so I thought oh I'll get a car on finance and live all nice & cushy lol.  Now I'm lucky if I do 60 hours a week, yes I enjoy the extra time with the kids & wife but now I'm getting Direct Debits unpaid.  I'm ok until I have an extra bill to pay, so like last month I had to buy brakes for the car, that left me overdrawn & this month I had to MOT & service the car, so that's me overdrawn again.  IF I got rid of the car I'd save £300 a month just on the finance, insurance is negligible(as in the difference in cars).  I'd bike to work as it's only 3.4 miles away but with 2 kids, out in the sticks & start work at either 3/4/5am I'm not biking lol.  I've never thought about a loan to be honest.  Up until recently I haven't really needed one

I'm sorry to hear of your predicament, but look at it this way - you had the MK7 for a good amount of time, and got a lot of use out of it.  Yes you're losing it now, but at least you had it in the first place - some people never get that pleasure.

With regards to a MK1 - you'll easily get a decent one for £500!  We had a 2000 1.8 petrol LX which was a fantastic car.  It was in terrible shape in terms of bodywork, but mechanically it was fantastic right up until we got rid of it last year with almost 200,000 miles on the clock (original engine, gearbox and clutch too).  For us it was a similar situation, as we lost our house and previous car (MK4 Fiesta Ghia, which was hardly a MK7 but still of higher value than the Focus) and had to pick up something else ASAP. 

Let us know what you get, and remember that as long as it has the blue oval on the front, it is an exceptional vehicle regardless of whether it is 15 years old or 15 months old!

9 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I'm sorry to hear of your predicament, but look at it this way - you had the MK7 for a good amount of time, and got a lot of use out of it.  Yes you're losing it now, but at least you had it in the first place - some people never get that pleasure.

With regards to a MK1 - you'll easily get a decent one for £500!  We had a 2000 1.8 petrol LX which was a fantastic car.  It was in terrible shape in terms of bodywork, but mechanically it was fantastic right up until we got rid of it last year with almost 200,000 miles on the clock (original engine, gearbox and clutch too).  For us it was a similar situation, as we lost our house and previous car (MK4 Fiesta Ghia, which was hardly a MK7 but still of higher value than the Focus) and had to pick up something else ASAP. 

Let us know what you get, and remember that as long as it has the blue oval on the front, it is an exceptional vehicle regardless of whether it is 15 years old or 15 months old!

It's just a shame to see all my hard work (use to do 7 days a week) to earn what I've had and then it's gone pretty much. But I'd rather get myself finical sound instead of driving a car I can't afford just running myself into more and more debt.

I wanted to get a MK5 Fiesta, lets face it them engines are bullet proof but other half said she didn't like it and to be honest my insurance went up by double, which shocked me. Her dad had a MK1 focus, I've never driven a focus to be honest but would of prefered a MK2 Focus but we can't be greedy and right now anything is better than nothing. She said about a Corsa I said if you want to be on the  road side all the time, be my guest but as I'm the one driving, we'll be sticking to Ford. I started out in a 99 Fiesta and to this day it's still running (I know the owner) it had 180k miles on it when I had it.

I've given myself a year - two years to sort all my finances out, like little bills gone, monthly out goings gone, get a new job and see where I stand at least if I go for a new car again, I'll have a deposit put down and not negative against me. I go to a dealer tomorrow (hopefully offer a nice figure) and get something sorted. A friend said put it on Auto Trader, it isn't that easy, I just want a sale, get the money and start getting it on track.

1 hour ago, Preecematt said:

Nooo I work in farming lol.  I was on about 80-100 hours a week(depending on weekend off or not) and was earning about £2400 a month, so I thought oh I'll get a car on finance and live all nice & cushy lol.  Now I'm lucky if I do 60 hours a week, yes I enjoy the extra time with the kids & wife but now I'm getting Direct Debits unpaid.  I'm ok until I have an extra bill to pay, so like last month I had to buy brakes for the car, that left me overdrawn & this month I had to MOT & service the car, so that's me overdrawn again.  IF I got rid of the car I'd save £300 a month just on the finance, insurance is negligible(as in the difference in cars).  I'd bike to work as it's only 3.4 miles away but with 2 kids, out in the sticks & start work at either 3/4/5am I'm not biking lol.  I've never thought about a loan to be honest.  Up until recently I haven't really needed one

Sounds like a major hit in the wage. I think I'd be on the streets right now if I had a mortage on my head. I've said to myself I'll bike to the local train station, get the train to work (I've started to get train to work) but it's affording a bike to even start but then I need a car to get to my fiancee's. I guess I could make a cart and have my GSD and Husky pull me haha. I had my MOT and that came back with a nice pricey job, which I did myself and saved myself a lot of money, did a service WHICH I wish I left for now. Then last month my tyre exploded on me, lost my locking nut (don't ask how as I have no idea) then Thursday? driving down the motorway I get a slow puncture. I guess the car just hates me right now.

1 minute ago, JayG90 said:

It's just a shame to see all my hard work (use to do 7 days a week) to earn what I've had and then it's gone pretty much. But I'd rather get myself finical sound instead of driving a car I can't afford just running myself into more and more debt.

I wanted to get a MK5 Fiesta, lets face it them engines are bullet proof but other half said she didn't like it and to be honest my insurance went up by double, which shocked me. Her dad had a MK1 focus, I've never driven a focus to be honest but would of prefered a MK2 Focus but we can't be greedy and right now anything is better than nothing. She said about a Corsa I said if you want to be on the  road side all the time, be my guest but as I'm the one driving, we'll be sticking to Ford. I started out in a 99 Fiesta and to this day it's still running (I know the owner) it had 180k miles on it when I had it.

I've given myself a year - two years to sort all my finances out, like little bills gone, monthly out goings gone, get a new job and see where I stand at least if I go for a new car again, I'll have a deposit put down and not negative against me. I go to a dealer tomorrow (hopefully offer a nice figure) and get something sorted. A friend said put it on Auto Trader, it isn't that easy, I just want a sale, get the money and start getting it on track.

Well that's it, you can't live in denial and the longer you leave things, the worse they will get. 

I've seen far too many people stay in big houses they can't afford, and driving new cars when their finances are crumbling.  The end result is that they lose everything.  If you can see problems before they arrive then you can prepare and "roll with the punches", so to speak. 

It's the same as with driving - you always look far ahead and anticipate problems, which means that the overall drive is smoother, faster and safer.  Apply those rules to life and you can't go wrong. 

• Like 3

The sad thing here is, after multiple phone calls, if I sell the car I'll be at an even lower level. So I've decided to bite the bullet, keep the car speak to the finance company who so far have been great, they have sent me an income and expendature (I guess in regulations to FCA). The sad part is, I can go to a dealership, get a car like a 2014 Fiesta and carry the negative over AND pay cheaper than what I am now, but I can't get finance as they want £3,000 deposit off me.

Anyway, I shall keep you updated. However, right now it's try and figure out where my fuel is going. Saying I am getting 44mpg there is no way I am getting that. It goes down in 2's. I have a feeling the sensor but that's in the fuel tank right?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club