Do Not Sell My Personal Information

alarm details

Sacriel

Hi Peeps,

I have a Titanium with keyless entry, i only just realised that pressing the lock-button on the door handle twice in a row enables the alarm.

This is my first car and i dont feel like upsetting the neighbours by messing about with the alarm to figure out how it works, does anyone have any details on what triggers the alarm, how long it goes off for (if you dont cancel it yourself) and how you stop it once its going off.

cheers,

Chris

I say to hell with the neighbours, get out there and play with it :P (not during the night however lol)

Hi Peeps,

I have a Titanium with keyless entry, i only just realised that pressing the lock-button on the door handle twice in a row enables the alarm.

This is my first car and i dont feel like upsetting the neighbours by messing about with the alarm to figure out how it works, does anyone have any details on what triggers the alarm, how long it goes off for (if you dont cancel it yourself) and how you stop it once its going off.

cheers,

Chris

Hi, It's fairly basic the alarm looks at door, bonnet or tailgate entry and there is the usual harsh knock motion detection. There doesn't appear to be any utrasonic motion detection. The alarm is activated either with a single press of the remote lock or door button (which leaves the door release handles inside the car active) or double press of either button within 3 seconds to what Ford calls double locking which is basically dead locking the doors so that the internal release handles don't work.

If you want to try it out the easiest way is to leave the drivers window open, single lock the door (wait 12 seconds for the alarm to arm) and then use the internal door release to open the door. The alarm sounds using the car horn and flashing the indicators and is loud as hell. I had to try it out I couldn't help it needed to know it works (probably shouldn't have done it at 09:00am on a SundaY morning though).

How you getting on with the keyless system? After 3 weeks I am still struggling to trust that the car has locked and have to get the missus to confirm it is locked after I have walked away. I suppose I will trust it eventually I like everything else about the system.

I also double check every now and then to make sure its locked :)

though it impresses my friends when they are stood by the car pulling on the handle and i walk up and the mirrors fold out as the car unlocks etc, sit down, push a button and the car is good to go.

well worth the money :)

one thing i noticed is the boot opens if the key is inside the car, so anyone could wander up and open your boot while your in a que - is there a way round this?

one thing i noticed is the boot opens if the key is inside the car, so anyone could wander up and open your boot while your in a que - is there a way round this?

Just press the lock button on the dash as soon as you get into the car ;)

There should be a way for the car to auto lock when you go above a certain mph, maybe keep hold of the lock button on the dash and this should enable it, it did it on my 52 reg clio and on my current grande punto.

I had a 2008 Ford Mustang when I was last out in the US. That had auto-locking about 5-10 MPH which was handy.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club