Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can’t find my passenger fuse box

Kenny321

Hi all, you probably think this a very stupid question but I cannot find the passenger side fuse box in my RHD UK 2022 Ecosport ST-line motor. It is supposed to be behind the glove box but I have totally removed this, and the pull out box above and there is no fuse box visible - just a big empty void!

I shone a torch all around the cavity and used a mirror but it is not there. The Ford manual shows a vey poor illustration of arrows saying how to remove the glove box which I have done. (I downloaded the online handbook for my model).

I wanted to hard wire my dashcam to this fuse box. Does anyone have any ideas (photos please!) where this fuse box is?

• Sad 1

The fusebox is partly below and behind the bottom of the Glovebox, behind the plastic cover and the floor carpet.

Do not remove the glovebox. Working in the passenger footwell reach up and remove the plastic panel which will possibly be partly obscured by the floor carpet.

how.JPG

fusebox.JPG

• Like 1

Many thanks Unofix,

I saw that picture before but directly under my glovebox did not look the same and I could not pull off any panel. I will try pulling up the carpet later and looking behind that.

There seems to be a problem with details about the fusebox location on the 2020 to 2023 models. The videos online still show it in the same place as a 2010 model 🙁

Can you post a few photos of the area behind the bottom of the glovebox? and maybe I can offer some guidance.

Hi Unofix,

I agree something is wrong with the stock photos. I had another look and there is a plastic panel underneath my glovebox with a large popper horizontally fitted and another vertically fitted, nothing like the pic you showed me. Despite my best efforts i could not release either popper. I could not even pull up the carpet there as it seem to go up behind the dash a bit. Weather is bad at the mo so i was trying from inside the car. When the weather improves i will get down on my knees outside the car and see if i can prise off these poppers. I am a bit reluctant to try too much force as i know these things break easily. I can’t believe it is so hard to get to a fuse box!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kenny321 said:

i will get down on my knees outside the car and see if i can prise off these poppers.

Generally, but not always , if the poppers are yellow then you squeeze the sides and then pull. If the poppers are grey/black then they rotate 90 degrees and pull off.

No, these poppers are large (1inch dia) and flat and grey. There is no way to rotate them, looks like the only way to get them out is a screwdriver under the edges. I could not remove them with my fingernails. Unless a i am looking at the wrong poppers?

I braved the weather..here are a couple of pics of the underside of my glovebox…

IMG_2670.jpeg

IMG_2669.jpeg

Well the good news is that is the correct panel you need to remove and the fusebox is just behind it 😀

You do remove those plastic studs with a large flat blade screwdriver just under the edge and they will just pop out. If you look carefully at them you should find a small grove in the edge for the screwdriver.

grove.JPG

• Thanks 1

That seems like a terrible idea for fuse access.  Should be easily accessible in an emergency without the need for additional tools!

Crazy thing too, in the upper aperture ABOVE the glove box there is a symbol of a fuse box as if it is just behind that. Totally misleading! The poppers I will have to use a screwdriver on to remove require a contortionist to see one as it is underneath the glove box. Can’t be done while sitting in the car. I had to get down on my knees outside the car just to take the photo. This is my first Ford…My old Honda, I just pulled down a flap….

• Like 1

.....remove those plastic studs with a large flat blade screwdriver just under the edge and they will just pop out....

Haha, why is life so difficult... I tried to 'pop them out' with a flat blade screwdriver but they would not move, just ended up bending the tops. Probably need a special tool to do this?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club