Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Picked up a Focus 1.6TDCi Zetec Climate today

hawker

Hi

I picked up a 2006 1.6 TDCi Zetec Climate in metallic blue (aquarius?) today.

Its in great condition considering its high mileage (92K) I bought it for £5400. I have a couple of quick questions if I may:

1. Was this a reasonable price?

2. The handbrake light rarely comes on when you pull it up. The light itself is ok as it illuminates on ignition, but is very inconsistent when the handbrake is pulled. Its probably a sticky or loose connection at the switch, but where is this switch located, and how to I gain access to it.

3. I notice a quiet ticking noise sometimes on acceleration. Its not loud but worried it could be the start of something so would prefer to solve this early. Could this be a possible injector seal problem perhaps?

Appreciate any advice folks

thanks

Hi, and congrats on your new foci. Do you have to pull up the handbrake alot before the handbrake light comes on? maybe the handbrake cable needs adjusting. The ticking noise could be a fan belt. Is there any warranty left on the car? I would bring the car back to where you got it and get everything checked out.

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

The handbrake itself isnt too good to be honest. Its hard to pull up to get any real bite. As for the warning light its definitely a connector problem as it can come on as normal but go off the next second.

As for the ticking noise, I dont think its a fanbelt problem as it can only be heard when you put your foot down on the accelerator.

I've also noticed a small amount of water in the boot - not on the carpet but on the boot floor itself to the right of the spare wheel. I think it may be coming in through the driver's side rear light cluster.

No warranty left, but I'll going to ring the Car Shop tomorrow - lets see how good their after sales service is!

Hiya, congrats on your new acquisition. I love the Focus in aquarius blue, just like my mum's. Mine is in tango red.

Granted the climate of high used-car prices, I think you got a reasonable price as it would be going for close to 6K at a franchised dealer. Hope you manage to get your car checked out properly. Even if you have no warranty, the dealer you bought it from should sort this out.

Hi

I picked up a 2006 1.6 TDCi Zetec Climate in metallic blue (aquarius?) today.

Its in great condition considering its high mileage (92K) I bought it for £5400. I have a couple of quick questions if I may:

1. Was this a reasonable price?

2. The handbrake light rarely comes on when you pull it up. The light itself is ok as it illuminates on ignition, but is very inconsistent when the handbrake is pulled. Its probably a sticky or loose connection at the switch, but where is this switch located, and how to I gain access to it.

3. I notice a quiet ticking noise sometimes on acceleration. Its not loud but worried it could be the start of something so would prefer to solve this early. Could this be a possible injector seal problem perhaps?

Appreciate any advice folks

thanks

Dealer £4,485

Private £3,780

Part exchange £3,665

Trade £3,365

ide say you paid over the odds thats a glasses qoute my works black book shows the same prices ticking could be a lot of things from timing chain to injectors only getting it looked at will show

Its booked in to the Car Shop for a week tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

thanks

Price sounds about right to me as long as there's nothing wrong with it.

I got a 06 plate 1.8 tdci focus ghia this week also with 92k, one owner from new full ford service history 12 months tax and mot. The car is mint and feels tight for £5650.

Looking around it seemed about right, probably could have got it cheaper at auction but it has 3 months warranty and Im chuffed with it.

I understand these Peugeot diesel engines have a tank of Eloys fluid that gets added to the diesel. I think it should be replaced at around the 70K mark. is this correct? Has anyone on here had this done? If so, what was the cost, as this stuff is pretty expensive.

I understand these Peugeot diesel engines have a tank of Eloys fluid that gets added to the diesel. I think it should be replaced at around the 70K mark. is this correct? Has anyone on here had this done? If so, what was the cost, as this stuff is pretty expensive.

I had a 54 plate S40 2 D SE Volvo [shares engines with Fords] with 62K on the clock when I sold it. A cracking car, no problems with it at all in 9 months ownership. But we did not do the mileage really to warrant running a diesel [5 to 6K a year ] and that was with two 1000 mile trips down south to Devon and Doset. And as I heard a lot of expensive stories about DPF filters, I came back to a petrol Focus.

On the S40 the service schedule was @ 36K or 3 years [which ever comes first] you need the additive replenishing. @ 72K or six years [again which ever comes first] it states you should have the DPF replaced.

Anyhow on the Volvo's people where reporting prices for additive tank refill @ 36K and management reset [the latter can only be done at dealer garages] £100.

72K was a new DPF @ £500.

Anyway a guy on the forum, priced a 72K service for a Volvo S40 came out @£1000, for an equivalent Ford £900

Now if your doing a fair bit of mileage, the fuel saving as against a petrol engine will pay for this extra servicing costs because of the DPF [works out at £100 per year over a six year repeating time frame £100+£500= £600

I would link to the Volvo forum DPF debate but they are changing servers this weekend. It a very busy forum and the contributors are very helpful. Ask Cam he is a well clued up guy, like I say Focus/ S40 use the same engines.

But for now here is a AA piece on the subject Diesel Particulate Filters

Honest John Focus DPF or non-DPF debate

latter models now have a non additive DPF

Great info there, thanks mate.

So my question now is, how can I tell if my 2006 1.6TDCi Focus is DPF or non-DPF?

Great info there, thanks mate.

So my question now is, how can I tell if my 2006 1.6TDCi Focus is DPF or non-DPF?

go to this website

Vehicle Lookup

pop in you reg or Vin Number > search

on page refresh, click on > Generate a Ford service Schedule

then just follow the instructions. look at the 3 year and 6 year services

I've had a look, but because I don't know your Reg, just your Reg year 2006, it gives me two engine option choices for the 1.6 Duratorq-TDCI/Man> the 06/2004 to 12/2005 or the 01/2005 to 12/2007 [i reckon those are build dates] But it makes no odds they both have the DPF [look at "under vehicle" on the schedule] its the last instruction for under the vehicle.

Sorry mate

Thanks again for that mate.

So being a DPF, have I bought a bad car?

Are all the 1.6's DPF?

If not, what specific Diesel focus should I have been looking for that is Non-DPF?

I assume mine (2006 1.6 TDCi) is DPF.

I'm concerned as looking back at the service history, it seems this wasnt replaced on 75,000 miles, and neither did the Eolys176 fluid.

I see no mention of this in the handbook, so will I get a warning light if the filter or the fluid needs replacing?

If so, which warning lights will come on?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club