Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will this effect power/economy?

Billym247

Hi, I am new to this group, and I have a question.. I have a 52 plate transit connect tddi and it looks like the egr wires have snapped (picture attached). The van drives fine, and it is an ex council can so it most defiantly hasn't had an egr delete, so the wires must of snapped. It has always been like this in my ownership so I'm unsure if it makes a difference to power/economy?

Will it make more power if I I re-connect it back up?

Thank you everybody, much appreciated.

- Billy.

image.jpeg

Edited by Billym247
Spelling mistakes.

2 hours ago, Billym247 said:

more power if I I re-connect it back up

Hi,

No, but if it is still working, it might save a couple of mpg.

But it is probably seized up by now. That might be the reason the wires were cut.

At full engine power these things shut anyway, to get max oxygen for all the fuel, so it makes no difference at the top end.

In mid range, the ECU is tuned to use it, and may operate in a non optimum way if it senses it is not working. This seems to happen on my car, but it is only slight.

Of course, I am assuming it is shut at the moment, but if it was stuck open I think you would have noticed.

Peter.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club