Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Brand New Fiesta ST Line Red Edition

AP24

Hello FOC, this is my first post so I decided to do a bit of show and tell. I got my first car last week which is the all new ST Line Red Edition. Got it on a pretty good HP scheme (£189 deposit, 23 x £189, 9k miles per annum) and I absolutely love this car. Only reason I didn't get an ST (which was around £2 pounds more per month) was because my insurance would come to £2.4k per year which is extortionate. Here are a few pics below, let me know your comments of the car!

*EDIT* I was meant to say PCP with an optional owning payment of around £7.7k. If you're wondering, my insurance is currently costing just under £900 with DirectLine

14191608_1510975522261581_1453028583_o.jpg

14163717_1510975588928241_827683652_o.jpg

• Like 3

Looks nice mate. Welcome to the OC

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hello and welcome Adi. nice motor mate

Looking good! Can't wait to pick up my ST-Line (can time move a bit quicker please, lol). 

What's the difference between this and the standard red edition? And I've been driving 3 years and still pay 1500 to insure it lol

You sure thats a Hire Purchase you're on?..

£189 + (£189*23=£4347) = £4536. That doesn't sound right at all..

Did you shop around for insurance quotes on an ST?

10 minutes ago, lukespoor said:

You sure thats a Hire Purchase you're on?..

£189 + (£189*23=£4347) = £4536. That doesn't sound right at all..

Did you shop around for insurance quotes on an ST?

I don't know how he's insured on that as at first car tbh. I'm 20 with a red edition and it's still too expensive

26 minutes ago, Mitchell Rogers said:

What's the difference between this and the standard red edition? And I've been driving 3 years and still pay 1500 to insure it lol

As far as I'm aware, no change except for re-branding. The previous Red Edition was technically a ZetecS Red Edition, except they never referred to the ZetecS bit. However since it has changed to ST Line, they're plugging it a lot more, and they are now ST Line Red and Black Editions.

Just now, Mitchell Rogers said:

I don't know how he's insured on that as at first car tbh. I'm 20 with a red edition and it's still too expensive

It doesn't matter really, everybody's different, lives in different areas, theres loads of factors that can change the price.

I'm still gobsmacked at the price he's paying per month, it sounds more like a PCP plan and you're gonna have a final payment to make should you want to keep and own the car.

I'd be very interested to know where you found an St for only 2 pound more than a red edition... Im paying £249 a month for mine with £1000 deposit which is about as low as you can get. 

7 minutes ago, Taylor22 said:

I'd be very interested to know where you found an St for only 2 pound more than a red edition... Im paying £249 a month for mine with £1000 deposit which is about as low as you can get. 

Exactly. Are you on hire purchase or PCP bud?

I call a PCP deal TBH. No bad thing, I am too, had 3 Fiesta Zetec S's in 5 years.

I found Bristol Street Motors very helpful, costs me almost no extra per month to change into a new one after 2 years. Had a White ZSE, a Black Edition and I'm now in another 140 Bhp ZSE in lovely metallic grey!

Happy bunny, no final payment here...

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC mobile app

9 hours ago, Mitchell Rogers said:

ST line has replaced the old Zetec S. Few cosmetic tweaks here and there, black headliner, ST-Line steering wheel, gearknob, sill plates and badges. Mechanically identical.

1 hour ago, Ffoxy said:

I call a PCP deal TBH. No bad thing, I am too, had 3 Fiesta Zetec S's in 5 years.

I found Bristol Street Motors very helpful, costs me almost no extra per month to change into a new one after 2 years. Had a White ZSE, a Black Edition and I'm now in another 140 Bhp ZSE in lovely metallic grey!

Happy bunny, no final payment here...

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC mobile app

It has to be a PCP at that cheep, I'm just trying to it it across to the OP now because it sounds like he's gonna be really disappointed when he realises the car will have to go back unless a final payment is made..regardless of what I've said, I did the calculations above and that still seems wrong..less than £5,000? For example..I've got a new ST-3 on order and it'll be on PCP. No deposit (hence the large monthly payment I'm about to say) and £350 a month for 3 years, but I only have about £6,500 final payment should I wish to keep the car.

And because I bought through carwow and getting a good deal, I've still managed to get the car on finance and the total cost cheaper than the car bought outright new.

1 hour ago, alexp999 said:

ST line has replaced the old Zetec S. Few cosmetic tweaks here and there, black headliner, ST-Line steering wheel, gearknob, sill plates and badges. Mechanically identical.

And a 5 door 😆

1 minute ago, Willy said:

And a 5 door 😆

Except black and red editions.

Now they just need to do a Mk8 5dr ST with slightly more forgiving ride and it'll be my next car. :D

• Like 1

I've learnt something today. 

You 100% correct about the ST and the only reason I didn't get one.

1 minute ago, Willy said:

I've learnt something today. 

You 100% correct about the ST and the only reason I didn't get one.

It's why I bought the Focus ST instead. I doubt I'll be able to afford to replace it with another next time though.

Might just keep it depending on how it survives, but I usually get drawn to new models and a Fiesta version of my Focus would be ideal.

• Like 1

Fiestas don't have that much room in the back, especially with the front chairs all the way back, 5 door seems pointless to me. Also why would you wanna swap the focus for a fiesta?! Focus ST would definitely be my choice if the running costs weren't as bad (I'll deffo be getting one in a few years when im older and insurance is less). 

All I'm saying is that I might not be able to afford another Focus ST, when it comes to needing to change the one I've got.

7 hours ago, lukespoor said:

It has to be a PCP at that cheep, I'm just trying to it it across to the OP now because it sounds like he's gonna be really disappointed when he realises the car will have to go back unless a final payment is made..regardless of what I've said, I did the calculations above and that still seems wrong..less than £5,000? For example..I've got a new ST-3 on order and it'll be on PCP. No deposit (hence the large monthly payment I'm about to say) and £350 a month for 3 years, but I only have about £6,500 final payment should I wish to keep the car.

And because I bought through carwow and getting a good deal, I've still managed to get the car on finance and the total cost cheaper than the car bought outright new.

I agree it sounds like the OP is on a PCP scheme, especially as mileage is included, but I wonder about yours tbh. I'm paying 350 odd myself and it's HP, I can't remember off the top of my head if it's 3 or 4yrs though - think it might be 4 tbh

Just now, laumk7 said:

I agree it sounds like the OP is on a PCP scheme, but I wonder about yours tbh. I'm paying 350 odd myself and it's HP, I can't remember off the top of my head if it's 3 or 4yrs though - think it might be 4 tbh

Read on another forum..a guy thought he had a HP package but turned out to be a lease and went about 22k over his mileage allowance :blink:

Most likely 4years buddy (350*48 = £16,800).

But as said mines only three and no deposit but I can afford the monthly payment no problem. Just the horrible wait of it being built now! Delivery no until October :(

Yikes that's a long wait! Bet you can't wait though :smile:

Mine (also st3) was just a 650 deposit on ford credit and thankfully car had already been built (customer cancellation) so I had it a month after ordering. About 17.5k all in with interest included. Was 16.4 initial price which I thought was excellent. 

If yours not been built yet expect 4 month wait start to finish, that's the wait I had on my last car ordered November, wasn't built until January as backlog and delivery was March!

5 minutes ago, laumk7 said:

Yikes that's a long wait! Bet you can't wait though :smile:

Mine (also st3) was just a 650 deposit on ford credit and thankfully car had already been built (customer cancellation) so I had it a month after ordering. About 17.5k all in with interest included. Was 16.4 initial price which I thought was excellent. 

If yours not been built yet expect 4 month wait start to finish, that's the wait I had on my last car ordered November, wasn't built until January as backlog and delivery was March!

Ordered 10th August. Average wait time is 10-12weeks atm. Ah I've got it with Ford Credit, they've given me a £750 deposit allowance and also got the style pack at £175 instead of £275.

I'm hoping it'll have started to be built by now, if not I'm waiting for the dealer to send me over its VIN number.

The deal for them atm is due to a part which they're struggling to get AFAIK.

I've tried to answer many questions as possible in the added edit in the original post. Sorry to have gotten all your hopes up for such a cheap HP deal :laugh:

Managed to get this with a helluva lot of haggling considering dealer originally wanted me to pay £199 pm for 36mo!

I can't quite remember where I found the ST for only a few quid extra pm, did search around for ages on the web.

What do you guys reckon; should I keep it after the lease or not? And I'm thinking of putting a few temporary mods on such as a new spoiler and red gel overlays for all Ford logos.

Thanks!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club