Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Minor Niggles Focus 2.0 2008

c1403

Hello

I have a Focus Titanium 2008 2.0 Diesel.

I have a few niggles with the car I'd like to sort out. Not sure where best to go, my husband is useful for basic things but wonder if maybe we need to go to a mechanic...

1-Air Con Light. Always stays on when the fan is on. Doesn't matter where we turn the dial, the switch stays illuminated. Only way to turn off is by turning the fan to 0. Not a major pain but costing us money in fuel consumption  if we want to warm the car up for the kids in winter.

2-Parking Sensors

The sensors on this car are stupid/useless. The front ones come on when they like and usually when I'm on a motorway and not when I'm trying to park! The back ones don't come on at all. I'd like to disconnect them but no idea how.

Like I said minor niggles but enough to bother me.

Thanks for reading

C

• Like 1

If you press the button does the AC light turn off? It will come on automatically if you pass the windscreen icon on the dial (a life saver when your screen suddenly decides to mist up in the middle of driving).

• Like 1

20 hours ago, c1403 said:

my husband is useful for basic things

Ooooh Matron!!

Seriously, though, further to what Ted has just said you should understand that if the airflow control (not the fan speed) is set to send air only to the screen (as Ted says that's the screen symbol on the control) then the aircon will turn on automatically when you start the car. It will also turn on if you turn the control to that position whilst the engine is running. In either case you should be able to turn it off again with the A/C button and it should stay turned off until you next start the engine or turn the control to another setting then back to screen.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club