Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil filter brand

ZetecMan1

Hi all 

Just wanted to know what oil filter brand do you guys go for.

Mahle,Crossland,Mann,Ford or any other type.

I have a good quality oil just don't want to put a crap filter on.

I have a 2009 1.6 zetec focus

Thanks in advance

on my fiesta 1.6tdci I only ever used genuine ford. the car is now by brothers and done over 150k miles. it might not have lastest so well if i used a cheap filter. but we will never know.

I agree. After watching this video my eyes were opened to the dangers of using cheap after-market filters.

It runs for about 21 minutes and the presenter is somewhat boring but it's worth watching if you have the patience.

Depends who's car and how much they want to spend lol.

a car I've looked after for a friend and kept on the road for the last 10 years now has nearly 110k miles on the clock and I've used cheap crossland filters from ECP most of the time. 

It's a paper element type not a canister and I can honestly say they look no better or worse than Bosch, Mann etc upon fitting or removal.

That said, I've also never had any trouble with Crossland air and pollen filters. I've had trouble with some Bosch filters not fitting in the past though! 

• Like 1

Its my car and I hopefully be looking at keeping it for at least 5 years so I want to treat it to good servicing oils and parts and not cut corners.

Cheers

i`ve always used any make on my fords and never had a problem with any of `em price range between £4 and £6, is it a paper filter for your car or the round metal type ?

25 minutes ago, ZetecMan1 said:

Round metal one.

Mann filter will be fine around £4 at eurocarparts at the mo with the discount, or on eBay the ford brand £6  - item number 120761252458

Probably go for a Mann one.

Seems to be well made and a very good price.

Cheers all

if you buy a genuine ford one on eBay will it really be a genuine ford one. you just never know these days what's fake and what's not.

bearing in mind the cost difference (not huge) between a genuine one from reputable source and cheaper ones some might say it's not worth the risk.

Reading all of the above replies do you feel any clearer on best thing to do.

Possibly not 

1 hour ago, isetta said:

if you buy a genuine ford one on ebay will it really be a genuine ford one. you just never know these days what's fake and what's not.

bearing in mind the cost difference (not huge) between a genuine one from reputable source and cheaper ones some might say it's not worth the risk.

Reading all of the above replies do you feel any clearer on best thing to do.

Possibly not 

we could say that about anything we buy is it genuine or not, i mean at the end of the day it`s just a name stamped on that product until then it`s unbranded  :smile:

• Like 1

to be honest the brand of filter isnt a really a deal breaker , they all get covered in gunk and slung in the bin after 12 months anyway.

quality of the oil is more important in my op.

and ford dont make any of their consumable parts themselves , just reboxed with their own logo on it

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, andypsp said:

we could say that about anything we buy is it genuine or not, i mean at the end of the day it`s just a name stamped on that product until then it`s unbranded  :smile:

Which leads us to the obvious question: 'Who makes filters for Ford?'

3 minutes ago, trailertrash said:

some bloke called Fred from the midlands working out of his garden shed

probably......

;-D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, isetta said:

if you buy a genuine ford one on ebay will it really be a genuine ford one. you just never know these days what's fake and what's not.

it will have FoMoCo stamped on it if its gen.

15 minutes ago, trailertrash said:

mahle or Bosch normally do the filters

• Like 1

I probably get a Mann one from euro car parts.

Only £4.12 delivered.

Hopefully not fake😬

http://www.carparts4less.co.uk/search/501590227/p/car-parts

Carpart4less often cheaper than Eurocarparts but part of the same company, same parts and both offer free delivery.

Bosch oil Filter Product Code: 501590227 same for both but ECP £7.49 and CP4L £4.74.

Carpart4less is cheaper and usually finds a more accurate product, but they use a cheaper delivery service to make up for it.

3 hours ago, ZetecMan1 said:

I probably get a Mann one from euro car parts.

Only £4.12 delivered.

Hopefully not fake😬

you won`t have a problem with the filter, let hope the oil that you got wasn`t fake then lol :tongue:

45 minutes ago, v530anh said:

Carpart4less is cheaper and usually finds a more accurate product, but they use a cheaper delivery service to make up for it.

Never had a problem with CP4L delivery and usually arrives very quick even without paying for next day option.  UPS is the carrier for several orders I've had.

Damn

Didnt think about the oil being fake.

I bet it is recycled chip fat and melted plastic bags mixed together.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ZetecMan1 said:

Damn

Didnt think about the oil being fake.

I bet it is recycled chip fat and melted plastic bags mixed together.

you`ll never know that, anyway enjoy the oil change once you get all your gear :yahoo:

for the sake of £2 or so extra i would just get the ford one.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club