Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Another air induction question please guys..

xpeterpx

I'm looking to get a Ram Air induction cone filter in soon that will bolt onto the existing duct but I need some help.

What actually do you do with the oil breather hose. I was thinking of replacing this with a crankcase breather filter. Would this be the best thing to do?

Also, a bit bit concerned with heat sink so can I ask what to use as a heatshield and where to position it?

Mk1 Focus petrol by the way

Thanks for your help

Pete

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Universal-Stainless-Filter-Induction-Shield/dp/B016W81TSU/ref=sr_1_6?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1488596970&sr=1-6&keywords=Heat+shield+air+filter

This is what I used, but it uses 3 clips I only managed to get one clip on but it is enough. You need to bend it slightly so it fits Ford focus petrol 1.8. It needs a little extra push on the car Hood when it  is closed then it stays bent.

Positioned mines so it protects the air filter from car engine heat.

What actually do you do with the oil breather hose. I was thinking of replacing this with a crankcase breather filter. Would this be the best thing to do

In my opinion this is what I would do and have done in the past with other cars works well .A heat shield sometimes comes with the induction kit but if not find a piece of suitable pipe and run it from the grill back to the filter so that it ram airs, the  cold air from the front of you car over your new filter .Maybe something from the Mk1 RS will fit

Just thinking out loud but would it be a idea to keep the base of the air filter box in place so the cone sits on it and the standard snorkel would act as the cold air feed? 

Or just go for an additional duct as suggested?

1 hour ago, xpeterpx said:

Just thinking out loud but would it be a idea to keep the base of the air filter box in place so the cone sits on it and the standard snorkel would act as the cold air feed? 

Or just go for an additional duct as suggested?

you could do that may people have had success that way

Also can i ask where the best place would be to specifically position the heat shield?

Thanks

Usually at the back of the filter towards the engine so that the air flow come in from the front. TBH in my opinion I'm not sure what use the heat shield are on their own with out a separate cold  air feed but that's just my opinion. There are many ways of doing this and every kit has a slightly different approach . A good place to look is here on other feeds and on Utube I know may car is completely different but I use a completely enclosed system CAIS (Closed air induction system) but this is so I get a cold feed directly from the grill and this eliminates heat soak(to a point) but you don't need that unless you are going for maximum gain like me. Even so some people won't like the CIAS because you don't get the Turbo chatter so much so they go for a cone instead, at the end of the day its just your choice with what you like.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club