Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Performance Mods

AndrewL

Quick poll to gauge opinion  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Are you considering performance modifications on your Fez? (If you have already had something done you can still vote!

• Yes! I will hopefully be getting Mountune
    • Yes! I will be hopefully be getting Mods from another professional tuning company (E.g Pumaspeed) I HAVE a 1.6 petrol
    • Yes! I will be hopefully be getting Mods from another professional tuning company (E.g Pumaspeed) I DO NOT HAVE a 1.6 petrol
    • Maybe I will get Mountune
    • Maybe I will go to another professional tuning Co. I HAVE a 1.6 petrol
    • Maybe I will go to another professional tuning Co. I DO NOTHAVE a 1.6 petrol
    • I will carry out some upgrades myself
    • No! I would never fettle with my lovely standard Fez!

ok cool are the led's bright like upgraded bulbs??? and also did u get them from e bay if so do have details of bulbs please or link to seler.

there not that bright but look pretty nice, yeah got them off eBay will have to find the sellers name and send it to you, will upload some pics of my lighs over the weekend :)

there not that bright but look pretty nice, yeah got them off ebay will have to find the sellers name and send it to you, will upload some pics of my lighs over the weekend :)

ok cheers . but they don't have a yellow glow do they!!!

I'm quite interested in all this performance malarky. Went into Halfords the other day (just to get ideas) and the chap said he's ring back after speaking to head office for ideas. Apparently they don;t deal much with performance, only extra gear nobs and grills to basically chav up your car. I'm not interested in Chav, it's got a fecking great big street pack spoiler as it is!!

So, one of my questions is what can I do to my 1.6 TDCI Titanium? Am I buggered because I didn't buy the Zetec? I wasnted the Titanium because of the extra toys and decided I'd improve the handling later. I'd really like it to handle a bit more quickly, have better brakes, I'm not confident about engine mods for a diesel in fact it's reasonably rapid in the right rev range for the turbo, but any extra would be a welcome surprise!

I hear about Eibach lowering springs a lot - is this pretty much enough for what I want, more direct handling? Is this better than the Zetec Sport ones? What about my Ford warranty?

Cheers a million for a million questions guys! :P

What tuner boxes are you using? Looking to fit one to my Panther Black ZS TDCI little extra power when needed =]

One of the best is http://www.bhpplus.co.uk/

You will find this one very good.

Colin.

Connected - I think your car looks great, really like the subtle mods even though they're still noticeable if you know what I mean.

Does anyone know of or have experience of any plug and play tuning boxes for the 1.6 petrol? Quite interested in one as I can't afford Mountune at the moment and don't want to make any other obvious mods. :)

Where did you get your big brake kit from?

Hi, I got my brakes from Hispec, when I got mine they made them for me as there was none for the Mk7.

The rear end is the same as the Mk6, but the front suspension and brakes are not, so make sure you say Mk7.

Colin.

Hi, I got my brakes from Hispec, when I got mine they made them for me as there was none for the Mk7.

The rear end is the same as the Mk6, but the front suspension and brakes are not, so make sure you say Mk7.

Colin.

Thanks much, how much did they cost? Also with the rear brakes, do you still have drums or switched to discs?

Thanks much, how much did they cost? Also with the rear brakes, do you still have drums or switched to discs?

They cost me £950.00 that's for = 4 pot vented 300mm 2 piece with aluminium bells, and bradied hoses.

The rears I have kept the drums as they are OK.

Colin.

They cost me £950.00 that's for = 4 pot vented 300mm 2 piece with aluminium bells, and bradied hoses.

The rears I have kept the drums as they are OK.

Colin.

Excellent, thanks.

Where they hard to install?

Excellent, thanks.

Where they hard to install?

No, about the same as ordinary ones.

Colin.

Thinking about saving up for the Mountune kit - has anyone locally (West Sussex) got one that I can have a lift in to see the difference as I kinda worried that it might be too 'loud' with the next exhaust even tho I am definately up for the additional omph

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club