Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ohh.. Shell V-Power Nitro+ is nice :)

ThePowster

Alright peeps.

Today I filled up with Shell V-Power Nitro+ for the first time and I tried to put a shot of Miller's in but being a typical noob it went out the overflow and all over the rear tyre, what's worse is, I did this twice lol so that's 100ml on the floor.

There isn't one of those funnels in the car, under the spare wheel, nowhere, so tomorrow I'll grab one from Ford.

Driving out the petrol station I didn't notice nor expect much as I am just after a sound running vehicle, but after 10 or so mins, man I swear I could feel the change.

First thing I noticed was the engine was a lot quieter, I could barely hear it at the lights and the car is significantly more responsive,  just a waft of throttle and the car surges forward and the response is instant.

I got back wondering could it be in my mind, so I went for another spin and yep it's still the same. Feels like a new motor.

So anyone else like me who hasn't given this a chance before I can 100% recommend it :)

• Like 1

I use Tesco's Momentum 99.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ThePowster said:

Alright peeps.

Today I filled up with Shell V-Power Nitro+ 

How much per litre was that ?

Yes I agree it definitely makes a difference. Yesterday I filled my tank with BP ultimate diesel, that was also good - £1.32 a litre but worth it if it cleans the engine as promised. I'm sure the better fuels give more mpg also

I paid £1.28 litre at my local Shell garage. I say local but it's a 13 mile round trip to fill up lol definately worth it though.

I gave it some stick on the way home and I am starting to drive it harder from now on because since I had the car I've been driving it like a granny, almost labouring the engine around 1,500rpm everywhere which I now understand is no good when you have dpf and egr to consider.

I can't even think where the closest Shell or BP is to me, it's Asda or Morrisons 😕

Wow I'd never pay 13p extra per litre for my motion lotion, I'm tight AF, it would have to give me 10mpg extra for me to buy it, at the end of the day my supermarket petrol still gets me to 70 mph also.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, wilto said:

Wow I'd never pay 13p extra per litre for my motion lotion, I'm tight AF, it would have to give me 10mpg extra for me to buy it, at the end of the day my supermarket petrol still gets me to 70 mph also.

Love it!

Pretty much the lowest octane i've run in mine is 97 ron apart from a couple of months ago when all I could find between Southampton and Poole was 95 ron.
I was on 20 miles range so pretty much a full tank of 95 and I definitely felt the difference.
I know some people aren't convinced that performance fuels make much difference but I can definitely feel when it's 95 and not 99.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 4

On 02/04/2017 at 1:12 PM, ThePowster said:

Alright peeps.

Today I filled up with Shell V-Power Nitro+ for the first time and I tried to put a shot of Miller's in but being a typical noob it went out the overflow and all over the rear tyre, what's worse is, I did this twice lol so that's 100ml on the floor.

There isn't one of those funnels in the car, under the spare wheel, nowhere, so tomorrow I'll grab one from Ford.

Driving out the petrol station I didn't notice nor expect much as I am just after a sound running vehicle, but after 10 or so mins, man I swear I could feel the change.

First thing I noticed was the engine was a lot quieter, I could barely hear it at the lights and the car is significantly more responsive,  just a waft of throttle and the car surges forward and the response is instant.

I got back wondering could it be in my mind, so I went for another spin and yep it's still the same. Feels like a new motor.

So anyone else like me who hasn't given this a chance before I can 100% recommend it :)

What you noticed was Less friction from that rear tyre that you wasted the millers all over lol heheheh

I use Millers Diesel plus  in my tdci st3

Jamie

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Pretty much the lowest octane i've run in mine is 97 ron apart from a couple of months ago when all I could find between Southampton and Poole was 95 ron.
I was on 20 miles range so pretty much a full tank of 95 and I definitely felt the difference.
I know some people aren't convinced that performance fuels make much difference but I can definitely feel when it's 95 and not 99.

Sent from my SM-G930F

That's because you drive a performance car :wink:

Those who drive a slow N/A petrol like me probably won't notice much difference (if any) when switching to a higher octane fuel.

• Like 3

BP Ultimate for me in my 2015 when I can. Nitro+ seems to make my car growl a lot more vs BP which seems to make my car quieter and smoother, and Shell appears to cause my car to regen more frequently.

• Like 2

On 03/04/2017 at 5:03 PM, james_60 said:

What you noticed was Less friction from that rear tyre that you wasted the millers all over lol heheheh

I use Millers Diesel plus  in my tdci st3

Jamie

Lmao that's funny :)

Well I've put the Miller's in too and not noticed anything additional over the fuel.

Driving it spirited but within the limits me lud, car says I'm still getting 58mph round town.

Love it :)

• Like 1

i do hope you meant 58mpg and not 58mph round town!! lol

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, ThePowster said:

Lmao that's funny :)

Well I've put the Miller's in too and not noticed anything additional over the fuel.

Driving it spirited but within the limits me lud, car says I'm still getting 58mph round town.

Love it :)

you may not notice any improvement to start with. 

its supposed to etch away at the carbon on the valves. and any carbon or residue on the injectors.

Jamie

Haha that's predictive text for you. Damn mobile phone.

Lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, james_60 said:

you may not notice any improvement to start with. 

its supposed to etch away at the carbon on the valves. and any carbon or residue on the injectors.

Jamie

Ah I see. Bit of an investment then long term. Understood. I'll stick with the programme.

• Like 1

Does anyone think I'd notice s difference using a higher octane petrol with a 1.8?

• Like 1

Hi Matt

I dont think you will notice any power increase tbh but, it wont hurt occasionally as it has more cleaning additives than standard unleaded.

BP ultimate/Shell V power/Tesco Momentum are the ones to use.

It will help clean the valves and injectors. so you may see a small decrease in fuel use and smoother power delivery

Jamie

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, james_60 said:

Hi Matt

I dont think you will notice any power increase tbh but, it wont hurt occasionally as it has more cleaning additives than standard unleaded.

BP ultimate/Shell V power/Tesco Momentum are the ones to use.

It will help clean the valves and injectors. so you may see a small decrease in fuel use and smoother power delivery

Jamie

I might treat her to a tank of the stuff every couple of months then 

• Like 1

I use one of the more expensive petrols from time to time. Especially more so now I'll be getting a 1.8 after driving a 1.6

• 3 weeks later...

I've tested this out on my MK1 1.6 

Deffo makes a difference in MPG - not the 25mpg extra rather like 10 - 15mpg extra

• 2 weeks later...

Main reason for running the higher octane fuel is it reduces the chances of knocking/det so I'd say it's pretty much a no brainer if its a mapped forced induction motor, as the ecu will be able run more advanced timing without the risk of it melting a piston,
The n/a cars won't see as much benefit maybe a few extra mpg but that's about it, coming from sticking 30-40quid a week in of v power it's a refreshing change to not have to forward plan my journies around Shell station locations in and suffering range paranoia [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ive noticed that BP ultimate diesel makes our cmax 1.6tdci run quieter and smoother however running on Shell v power I cant really notice any improvement over normal diesel.  The only reason I am running premium diesel is to keep the injectors and DPF in good health as I have heard injectors can cause issues and would have to sell a kidney to fund a replacement set.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club