Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Purchased fresh Focus

spurswes

I've purchased my 1.8 Zetec s 09 plate. Anyone tell me if I will notice much of a difference in petrol consumption ? Why previous car was a 1.6 Zetec 55 plate. I know the engine is bigger but the car is newer so I'm wondering if they made them bit lighter on petrol as the time went on.  Many thanks 

What was you getting in your old car? 

I have the same car as you and I'm getting roughly low thirty's my typical drive is 

4 miles to work and back five times a week, "shopping" which can include various retail parks around 14 miles away, so anything up to 100 miles on the weekend, mostly urban driving with about 30 miles duel carriage way.

My car has done 97800 miles approx. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

I done the test( 55 plate)  the odd time where as I filled the tank right up and reset the mileage,it worked out the tank done about 37 to the gallon,maybe a bit less

My 1.6 does an average of 41 to the gallon (manual calculation, and i don't baby it), but by the internal computer i only get 34-35 apparently.

6 hours ago, Micro said:

My 1.6 does an average of 41 to the gallon (manual calculation, and i don't baby it), but by the internal computer i only get 34-35 apparently.

They say never go by the onboard figures,Manuel is best. According to Parkers a tank full on the 1.8 won't last as long as in the 1.6. It sounds ovious but then some people say Parkers arnt reliable haha 

My 2010 ford focus 1.8 does around 36 mpg around time and does 45 mpg on a long run,  On my daily work drive it does around 40 mpg.  I found it better on fuel than my old 2004 focus 1.6.

5 hours ago, JONATHAN_11_80 said:

My 2010 ford focus 1.8 does around 36 mpg around time and does 45 mpg on a long run,  On my daily work drive it does around 40 mpg.  I found it better on fuel than my old 2004 focus 1.6.

Wow, there's something definitely wrong with mine then, my display is saying 28.6 never gone much more than that,😞

5 hours ago, wilto said:

Wow, there's something definitely wrong with mine then, my display is saying 28.6 never gone much more than that,😞

That doesn't sound right at all :( 

2 hours ago, spurswes said:

That doesn't sound right at all :( 

Tell me about it, there's me thinking it was normal (ish ) what sort of mileage has your car done guys, i bought new plugs and air filter on its first major service back in September 2015 just after I bought the car, fuel consumption has been the same since I've had it, must be something else a miss somewhere, mmmm the plot thickens 🤔

2 hours ago, wilto said:

Tell me about it, there's me thinking it was normal (ish ) what sort of mileage has your car done guys, i bought new plugs and air filter on its first major service back in September 2015 just after I bought the car, fuel consumption has been the same since I've had it, must be something else a miss somewhere, mmmm the plot thickens 🤔

Not sure if it's this thread or another one...but as I say never rely on your car's computer for accurite figures. My 55 plate has done nearly 77k.  My fresh one will have done nearly 59k on an 09 plate (July 09).  😊

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club