Do Not Sell My Personal Information

EDT

Bobr

Just booking in for a service and Ford are offering an ENGINE DETOX TREATMENT.     Quote - Some other benefits of the treatment are improved torque delivery after a clean, resulting in a better gear change.   Sounds like rubbish to me.   What do others think?

sounds like rubbish to me also, out of interest how much do they charge for it. If it was me I might be tempted to challenge them on the technical detail of what they do and what the benefits are alleged to be and how what they do creates those benefits.

• Like 1

The blurb can be found HERE

So Bob how much have they quoted you for this Detox treatment, and are there any guaranties that you will get all or any of the said results.

Sounds a bit unlikely to me.

Not sure why it would improve the gear change unless they mean it pulls better in the next gear up because of the improved torque but that's an odd way to word it.

If I was considering it I'd want a moneyback guarantee of the extra power/torque/mpg, Another thing to consider is your warranty if you still have one, what would ford say about a non standard procedures effect on the warranty?

i wouldnt flush anything through on an ecoboost 1.0 with a wet belt.

• Like 1

"unless specified as part of a ford service requirement ,the use of supplemental additives and flushing agents for fuel or engine oil is not supported or approved by ford.
Ford warranty does not cover any damage resulting from the use of such unauthorised products"

1 hour ago, steve1312 said:

So Bob how much have they quoted you for this Detox treatment, and are there any guaranties that you will get all or any of the said results.

Don't know what it cost as I kicked it into touch as soon as I saw it.   You have to ring for a quote.

1 hour ago, Blatto said:

Sounds a bit unlikely to me.

Not sure why it would improve the gear change unless they mean it pulls better in the next gear up because of the improved torque but that's an odd way to word it.

If I was considering it I'd want a moneyback guarantee of the extra power/torque/mpg, Another thing to consider is your warranty if you still have one, what would ford say about a non standard procedures effect on the warranty?

It is actually a Ford procedure.

no, a sandicliffe procedure

Yes, I can't see any official endorsments on any Ford websites.

I'd check with ford directly, not the dealearship, if you are considering it.

"unless specified as part of a ford service requirement ,the use of supplemental additives and flushing agents for fuel or engine oil is not supported or approved by ford.
Ford warranty does not cover any damage resulting from the use of such unauthorised products"

this is a ford statement, not my opinion.

31 minutes ago, Blatto said:

Yes, I can't see any official endorsments on any Ford websites.

I'd check with ford directly, not the dealearship, if you are considering it.

I'm not considering it mate.   Just interested in what they think they're doing.

This is what I got in an email  

Why not treat your engine to a deep clean, improve its performance and fuel economy, only £99 in conjunction with a service. Click the link for more details https://youtu.be/7Jw8P0TA6Nk. We are so confident that you will see a difference after the treatment, we even offer a moneyback guarantee.*Only available at certain branches.  

I'd pass. It will be nothing you can't do yourself, plus when has a dealership ever offered realistic pricing?

Now this process may be beneficial, but only if your car has over say 60,000 miles, at which point I doubt you would be taking it to a Ford dealer. Just think about it. If you only have 10,000 miles or so then not much crap will have built up in the engine.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club