Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Purchased New S-Max Vignale

JeevStar

Hey guys.

I have purchased a new S-max Vignale 2.0 diesel. As it is my 1st Ford 5 door 7 seater car, is there anything I need to be aware when I go and pick up the car in 2 weeks.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I would say just like any car, a good look over and don't be rushed. 

• 8 months later...

Lovely car and I hope sincerely you have many years of satisfactory motoring we consider this model is one of the best examples of a 7 seater/spacious vehicle out there so not wishing to upset you,  my wife and I unfortunately have not had the same experience when we took delivery of our Vignale SMax Automatic Friday 17th Jan  .. after travelling towards home the car started to loose power,  as we approached a round a bout (traffic light control) the engine stopped (as its supposed to)  BUT failed to restart once I released the foot brake ...1.5 hours later the AA recovered the vehicle back to the Dealer 54.0 miles ...car returned to us day and a half later with the usual comment 'no fault found'.........   problem has come back four times since were now at the usual bartering stage of frustration with the dealer!:sad:

• 1 month later...

Reject the car?..

http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/tips-and-advice/your-new-car-rights

Selected Quotes:

Assuming the car you’ve bought was purchased after October 2015, if it goes wrong within the first 30 days of ownership, you can simply reject it out of hand for a full refund. If a fault develops after those 30 days but within the first six months, the dealer gets one chance to fix it. If they fail to do this, you’re entitled to a full refund, or a partial refund after the use you’ve had of the car has been taken into account.

If you reject a car

If you do decide to reject a car, this must be done within six months of taking delivery. Rejecting a car is a very matter-of-fact business: you take your car, together with both sets of keys and all documentation to the dealer, along with a letter setting out your reasons for rejecting the car. Be as specific and objective as you can be and remember to keep a copy of this letter for yourself.

The dealer may refuse to accept your rejection and if this happens you should go straight to the manufacturer, which may be able to negotiate with the dealer on your behalf.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club