Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Titanium or Zetec S?

Maffoo

Hi guys, I've been browsing these forums for weeks and not really posting, so hi :)

I'm buying my first car in a month or two and have decided to get a used 09 plate mk7 TDCI, but I'm torn as to which model to buy and had a few questions.

Firstly I'm torn between the ZS and the Titanium, is there much of a difference to drive them? I like the styling of the ZS but I'll be doing a fair bit of motorway driving so the cruise would come in handy. And if I go Tit should I go 1.4 or 1.6?

Also, as I'm buying used not many of the cars I've found have the USB/Bluetooth option, is there a way to get Ford to fit it post-purchase? My budget is about £11-12k

As has been said I would get the car in the spec you want without trying to add USB, bluetooth or cruise control after the event. It depends how much you feel you need those features (and the others). If you drive them both and notice a difference in the ride/handling then that may sway you, e.g. you may prefer the Zetec S - I've not driven both so can't comment on how sporty/firm the ZS is in comparison. Other than that, first car... insurance costs may be a factor, hence 1.4, hence Titanium?

Insurance was only about £30 between the models I checked (Tit, ZS and Econetic) so that's not a real issue.

I learned in a Mini Cooper and a Yaris, currently shift between driving my dad's crappy 1.2 Punto and a 1.9 Mk4 Golf TDi. I definitely want the USB addition for my iPod and aircon, can live without bluetooth as I have a headset and cruise isn't essential but would be nice.

Thanks for all the replies :) I'm gonna go on a few test drives when I go back to London. Dagenham Motors have a load of ZSs in Edgware, will have to search hard for a Tit with the body kit, don't suppose buying a kit for it will come cheap?

You'll need to see them 'in the metal' to decide about the (horrible :P) chrome down the side. It seems to be a 50/50 split on here with the Titaniums and the ZS's.

Jonny - that was officially the worst defence of chrome I've ever seen in my life. You may as well have said 'you smell, because you do!' Plus you were mean to Flic, which makes it even worse.

My hero :D

I don't think there's a simple answer to this question, each to their own. Whether you want to jazz it up with chrome or go more sophisticated ( ;) ) with a ZS, they're both beautiful cars with their own good points. Your best best is a test drive and a view of each.

The end.

Dagenham Motors have a load of ZSs in Edgware, will have to search hard for a Tit with the body kit, don't suppose buying a kit for it will come cheap?

I think the answer to that is no, it won't be cheap! Ford are rip of merchants for parts.

Why does everyone think that the chrome looks sooooo bad!? I've got a white dressed titanium and it looks the !Removed!! (If I do say so myself.) Dan you might need to back me up here! :P

Why does everyone think that the chrome looks sooooo bad!? I've got a white dressed titanium and it looks the !Removed!! (If I do say so myself.) Dan you might need to back me up here! :P

Not everyone, just the more elite of us prefer the more understated black trimming ;)

Not everyone, just the more elite of us prefer the more understated black trimming ;)

Actually - in your case Flic wouldn't that be the ones who saw their car already built in the showroom rather than spec'd it themselves? ;)

White Titanium dressed up = mutts nuts

Actually - in your case Flic wouldn't that be the ones who saw their car already built in the showroom rather than spec'd it themselves? ;)

True! However, I knew I wanted a Zetec-S the only thing else I would have liked was USB and I wouldn't have necessarily chosen Vision. Soooooooo... :P ner

Zetec or Titanium = Sport or Comfort, in my view. As I've had ancient cars that were fairly well specced in the Roman age but not so much in the modern era, I went for Comfort. I tell my car what tempreature I want, who to call, set cruise control for long motorways, push a button to turn it on not faff about with these rudimentary things called 'keys'. It's just like the starship enterprise but smaller.

I have to agree with you Dan, dressed up titaniums and indeed normal titaniums look amazing....not so sure about white :P ;) Sea grey is the way forward...If only i could have convinced my parents to dress it up.... <_<

I love the extra kit on the Titaniums, and i don't dislike the chrome, but i prefer the "rally car" look of the Zetec S :) I also prefer the seats in the ZS, but as for the suspension, it really doesn't make much difference to me as i'm ripping the standard springs off mine and fitting the Eibach lowering kit ASAP.

The Zetec S (Sport outside of UK) is the base model for the Fiesta R2 rally car ;) FiestaR2.com Chrome would just look silly on a rally car, wouldn't you agree? :P

Get a ZetecS. You get sports seats and suspension which IS different to the normal models according to the countless reviews, the ZetecS is also supposed to have a different steering setup.

You can only get the 1.6 then though. It depends what your after though really, the ZetecS doesn't have bluetooth as standard, the Titanium does I think? I find the ride very good in my car and the handling is brilliant fun.

I also think the black looks wwaaaaayyyyyy better with a white car then chrome does. But if your after any other colour then white then you'll be fine.

Just take both models out for a drive, push them hard round a roundabout and then decide on that which you prefer, then go from there with the looks and kit etc.

I have decided that this thread is a load of POO

Yeah that right I said POO!

If the OP is seriously going to make his decision based on what people say on this thread then he is a fool!

If he wanted to know the difference between the two cars he should have just read the brochure

ARGH!!!

Titanium FTW ^_^

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club