Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3000 miles in

NeilRS

3 months and 3000 miles in- and all is still well.

still love the car, still very smooth and gearbox working well. 

Had an incident last week- hooking up a trailer tent which is quite light- but I misjudged the slope and as soon as I lifted the jockey wheel to pull the trailer to the car- it started careering forwards the car. I put my hand on the closed tailgate to support myself- and put a huge dent in it. Luckily a dent repair man sorted it for £70- but be careful- the metal is quite thin on the tailgate. 

Sync 3 is stil working ok but still has its moments. 

Mpg has reduced for some reason- down to 37 now and do the same journey every day. 

Noticed the sunroof fabric wind deflector has picked up a lot of detritus- not sure how easy that will be to clean but it looks like a fly paper at the moment. 

Headlights continue to be my only gripe- not a big issue in the summer as I don't tend to use it in the dark. On a flag ship car I think they're unforgivable. 

• Like 1

I'm also 3 months and about 3300 miles in.  My experiences are the similar to yours except I don't have a sunroof and my average MPG since I picked the car up is now 40.  Did a long journey last weekend for 44.4 mpg.  I am starting to become aware of a couple of low plastic creeks now and then but nothing too intrusive.  

Adaptive cruise is good on motorway but too aggressive for use on other roads unless all traffic moving at a similar speed.  It doesn't anticipate very well so will wait until it exceeds the "set gap" and then brake instead of easing off the throttle early and easing into the set gap.  C'est la vie, can't have it all I suppose as this is one of the few vehicles that has adaptive cruise on a manual.

I'm currently 3 months and 2000 miles in. Fuel consumption is about 35-36 mpg, but that is mainly around town stop / start driving. I get mid 40's on a decent run... 

Sync 2 is fine for what I need and the reversing camera is getting far more use than I expected. I don't have adaptive cruise on mine, and haven't tried the auto parking feature yet. Auto relock has already been discussed and I now have a tailgate which opens fully! Despite a visit to the dealer the car still doesn't recognise when I hook the caravan up. Could this be because the car has 13 pin connector and the caravan uses 2x 7 pins, through a Y connector?

This is the first auto I've had in about 20 years and I love the powershift normally, but hate it when towing the caravan. The site we use requires about 20-miles of winding country lanes to get to. This means lots of gear changes as speeds tend to be between 30 and 40 mph. I find the powershift holds the lower gears for far too long, even when no longer under load, and the engine then sounds really laboured. I end up making manual up shifts and then forgetting to revert to auto, causing the car to lock into the the higher gear instead of changing down again when it needs to. I would have thought that the car would change up automatically as soon as the load drops, but I have never towed a caravan with an auto before...

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but haven't worked out a way round this yet. Any advice welcome...

Well I'm about 4 months in to ownership and 3700 miles gone. I have to say that compared to others I've been relatively issue free. My mpg since I got it is only averaging 35 but most of my journeys are short local ones.  Did a trip from Edinburgh to Northampton and return last week and averaged about 42 and it was averaging 47 at one point, with 100 miles to go on way back so compared to my old ST Focus which averaged 26, I'm delighted. I have had a few little gremlins but nothing constant. Wipers stopped working but started again after I switched off and on and locking via the drivers door stopped but that was short lived and none of these little issues have returned. As for towing, I think it's great. I have a horse trailer with 7 pin electrics but use an adaptor for the 13 pin socket and it works a treat and I get all the necessary warning notifications, sway control  and appropriate reversing image on screen. The front camera is great once you get used to it and I use it daily exiting a walled estate which is blind as I enter the main road. I can see both ways via the camera which is brilliant. 

One really good thing is the ability to reply to text messages via voice command (through Apple Siri). I used to have Apple play activated but don't now as I prefer the standard display and satnav so have disabled it. Pressing the voice button activates standard voice control but pressing and holding it turns on Siri and 'Siri' appears on the screen to let you know it's on, then you can do whatever you normally do with Siri, like text message, check weather, search the internet etc. 

All in all I'm loving my Edge, though I appreciate that other members have had some really poor cars by comparison. Such a shame. 

IMG_4273.JPG

• Like 1

Oh I don't I know they about Siri- will give that a go.

• Like 2

I bet it doesn't work with Cortana! Not even Microsoft works with Cortana...

Will try it out anyway...

#muppetboughtwindowsphone 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xn85 said:

I bet it doesn't work with Cortana! Not even Microsoft works with Cortana...

Will try it out anyway...

#muppetboughtwindowsphone 

Lol 😂 

• 10 months later...

well i'm 3500 miles in since September and still pleased with my edge.

my only real gripe is the autobox is not fast enough to get off the mark. there is a slight delay say at a junction which I still cant get used to. I thought my driving style might get used to it but not so far. I feel I want to start pressing on the gas before the last car has passed!! I don't use the paddles or sport mode really. 

my auto boot wont always open when I'm parked on a hill facing down unless I help it - no problem on a level surface.

the boot shelf is awkward to close 

otherwise its a great car

On 06/04/2018 at 10:04 PM, shocks said:

my only real gripe is the autobox is not fast enough to get off the mark. there is a slight delay say at a junction which I still cant get used to. I thought my driving style might get used to it but not so far. I feel I want to start pressing on the gas before the last car has passed!! I don't use the paddles or sport mode really.

The delay in Drive Mode frustrates the hell out of me!! Put it in Sport Mode, you'll notice a massive difference in pick up response and the downshift into a bend or approaching a junction is far far far better, giving you an almost instant pickup when you lift off the brake and get on the go pedal!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club